14.12.10

what's so funny about peace love and understanding









Next in the My WARDROBE 'day into night' series, in which we show how people choose to transit their day look into party clothes: Natayla, of Egypt, Geneva and London - editor of Its Fashion Week, Egypt's first online fashion magazine - and my good friend. She had originally chosen the Theory dress that sweet Tala (right), of My Fash Diary, is wearing, but when Tala spotted it and fell in love she didn't mention it, because.. it's not important. Or rather, Tala's happiness mattered more than which dress she wore. This is one simple example of why I just adore Natayla, or Natnoot to her friends.

So she chose PAUL & JOE SISTER and cape by LOVE MOSCHINO, both available online now @ MY WARDROBE. Her burgundy suede high tops are by LANVIN (lower sneaker version here) and when I was quickly picking a location right outside their Camden offices I spotted that car - my favourite kind - with its matching plum roof. I especially love the peace symbol, which reminds me of that wonderful Elvis Costello song, which, especially this time of year - and in light of what I've been going thru recently - helps to remind me of what really matters.



Nat's night look coming up soon, so watch this space. Peace and love, all! xo

13 comments:

The Photodiarist said...

These are lovely pictures!

Leah said...

I'm in love with those red sneakers!
Are they Converse?
xo L
www.littleredpurse.blogspot.com

jill said...

Thanks PD!

Leah - they're Lanvin. It's in the post - above the video. I've just linked it. xo

TheStreetFashion5xpro said...

Beautiful look! Great pics and post...
Lovely blog...follow you...follow me too!!!

Anonymous said...

Love Tala's ankle boots! And the swimsuit shown on your blog's right side by Norma Kamali is OMG so Marilyn pin-up gorgeous! A must find & must have, if nothing else but to look at & dream of warmer weather to come!

Laura Connell said...

Beautiful pics. Even more than the car I like the driving gloves.

Ruth said...

peace and love for u too!

styleeast said...

Beautiful beautiful girls. And i have such hair envy!

I'm SO glad we got to see each other tonight, it was fun but just so busy. Oh, George....

See you next in 2011 ;)
xx

Elizabeth said...

Lovely lovely lovely

Blythe and Charlotte said...

These outfits are so gorgeous! And I really love the car as a background, especially since it's a little old fashioned!

-Charlotte
allesmode2010.blogspot.com

Megan said...

That cape is so adorable and I love how you paired it with sneakers....

....Megan
http://anotherzoeday.blogspot.com

Kit said...

Natayla's hair reminds me of the Chloe's ad campaign....love love love.

THIS IS STYLE SKETCHBOOK said...

Thank you for entering the second giveaway and thanks for your comment!!!
I didn't know about this place in regent street... mmmmm... I think I need to visit :)
xoxo