2.9.11

juxtaposition 29.03/8.11







While shooting in the gorgeous glass greenhouse at Kew (see previous post), there was something about the light, the composition, that reminded me of the Armani press day: the way I had composed the shots, the cropping.. the light. It felt a bit Paris in the 30s, bit Cartier Bresson. My homage.

I am always interested in the relationship between beauty in nature, and beauty made by the hands of men. Or women.

Shot at Royal Botanical Gardens, Kew, on 29.08.11, and Armani press day, 29.03.11. Thank you to Frida Kristensson, representing Kew, and Karmen Wijnberg, from Armani.

7 comments:

Lauren said...

Beautiful shots!

The Styleseer
http://styleseer.blogspot.com

style odyssey said...

intriguing juxtaposition. what an artful post! please do more like this- i LOVE it.
xo

rental mobil said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

Amaaazing post <3 I love bananas trees; I used to have 5 in my garden, and I miss eating fresh bananas so much!

x
Lost in the Haze

Style At Every Age said...

Gorgeous pictures! Will certainly let you know if I am about anytime soon, not sure if I can afford to go to LFW, we'll see xxx

Rami Coco said...

lovin' it!

The Foolish Aesthete said...

Love these shots, and Cartier Bresson is an absolute genius with the lens!