31.8.09

it's a wrap





This has been the craziest weather, and no one knows how to dress for it. This weekend (the parts when we were in town) I've seen such fabulous style - I mean, it was like shooting fish, and the best looks were the ones that got away - but I've also never seen such a variety of looks. Finally, the long maxi dresses that I saw in the Hamptons, and what my role model and the reason I'm street shooting, Bill Cunningham, caught in NYC, have emerged like ground hogs from the closets of British women, and will not appear again, I predict, til next summer's one sunny day.

One brilliant look that caught my eye was on Rachel, steps from Kensington Gardens, who I spotted & dotted near the Royal Garden hotel. She's wearing a towel as a cape. (I also love the look of the girls that got caught in the shot). It's funny because moments earlier, I spotted Irra wearing a similar look: turquoise pashmina as wrap. If only that peek of shorts didn't show, it could pass as a dress. I wonder if this is the start of a trend. Any sightings in other cities, girls?

4 comments:

Rosalind said...

Love that turqouise pashmina,what a vibrant colour! And the towel/ cape thing is certainly very eye catching.. I think you've spotted an interesting trend going on here.
I really like the studded leggins you saw in the last post too.

http://clothescamerasandcoffee.blogspot.com/

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ooh, love that pashmina in the third picture. The color is divine! :)

Dream Sequins said...

Wraps are such a cozy look. I need more of those in my life!

BTW award for you on my blog. xx

Anonymous said...

Jill!
It feels like I haven't posted on your blog in SUCH a long time! Tomorrow is my last day of the summer holidays and I'm kind of dreading going back the winters here are just too long! :D
As Roz said I love the vibrant blue on her and how it's casually wrapped around her a very unique look!
I haven't seen too many wraps around London yet although I see what you mean about the weather I was out today with some friends dressed as if we were going to a beach party because it is so humid but it turns out it bucketed on us maybe the weather thought we were being too optimistic ;)
Hope to talk to you soon!
Love,
Nicky :)
x