12.6.10

and the rockets red glare



For those of us that like to multi-task: I am opening and compressing and re-saving photos as England plays the United States in South Africa. Such energy! It feels as if the whole world is watching. I know that's not true, but a lot of people are, and it feels kind of surreal: it's hit me that we're all sitting on this one big ball. It's like we're all plugging into one place, one moment. Whichever way it turns out, it's such a buzz.



When the game started, Mr. Dot started singing the English national anthem, then called me in for the star spangled banner. What is WRONG with me: I started singing it, out loud, and burst into tears around the time of the rockets red glare.



Another outfit from that same designer. (Oh and Imogen, to answer your question: I was actually shooting from the photographers' stage at the end of the catwalk!! With the big guys. ; )



Can't wait to find out who this designer is. I tried shooting the whole stage to get the name, but all I can figure out from this one is 'UDMILA UNI'. There's someone named Anonymous who occasionally, anonymously, feeds me the answers. Like Deep Throat from All the Presidents' Men (who was actually played by Hal Holden). Or God Himself.

Let's see if He (or, She) comes thru this time.

. . .

SHE did! Big thank you to SHOPGIRL, of Sugar and Spice (which looks like a lovely blog: I'll have to check it out soon as we're back home), for sourcing the designer of both these posts: Ludmila Maida of Northumbria University. She'll be posting on it in a few days, too.

12 comments:

the style crusader said...

this is amazing. this show looks incredible. i am LOVING the world cup right now... am drinking beer and waiting for pizza hut to deliver me food! haha. please please... we need to find out who this designer is. i NEED those red shoes! these designs are so cool. i love the vibrant colours and prints. i would definitely wear these items... xx

Pearl Westwood said...

Those shoes!!!!!

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

wow. The patterns on the fabrics are so beautiful.
http://daisymay-dayz.blogspot.com

DandeLion said...

simply gorgeous

LittleRachael said...

GORGEOUS

Little Rachael Vintage
Http://littlerachaelvintage.blogspot.com

Style Odyssey said...

i am in awe of these clothes, and *omg* those insane shoes! i'm curious to know who the designer is, too.

Chloe said...

Really interesting color combos! I don't know if I could pull that off.
xx Chloe

ree said...

The colours are completely amazing. And your tears are so sweet. Adorable

Ree
XXX

Shopgirl said...

I was at the Gala show on Wednesday and from my notes this collection was by Ludmila Maida of Northumbria University. It was an amazing show, wasn't it? My photos are nowhere near as good as yours but I'll be putting some up in the next day or two. xx

jill said...

Shopgirl, thank you! (thank all of you who commented). I'm sure you're right. The letters in my shots add up. I'll add this to the post and let you know on your blog as well. Look forward to seeing your post! xo

The Photodiarist said...

Those shoes!!!!

BRUNCH UNDER THE SUN said...

I love the mix of colors, and I stay in love with the red shoes!!!