20.2.11

corrie corrie





At fashion week, there are two kinds of shows going on, and both are an equally important part of the creative energy and magic that makes up the fashion industry. There is the show outside, where the photographers and bloggers seem to outnumber the subjects they're shooting, and then there is the reason we're all here: the shows themselves.



For me, Corrie Nielsen, who was born in Florida and moved to London in 2000, three years after me, and worked for Vivienne Westwood before branching out on her own, is the star designer of fashion week. I can't imagine a show I will love as much as hers. The music, the hair and make-up... it was haunting, spiritual, beautiful, incredibly emotional... everything that any work of art should do to the human soul.



Corrie won the Fashion Fringe award at Covent Garden in 2010, and deservedly so. I knew when I read that her influences were 'The Elizabethan period, French Haute Courte from the 1950s, and New Romance' that I'd be in for a treat, but this surpassed even my expectations.

16 comments:

Veshoevius said...

This is the only show that has blown me away so far! Loved it too!

The Photodiarist said...

WOWOWOWOWOW! Great great photography, Jill. You are rocking that camera of yours! I can't decide which i like best -- your work or the content of your work! Incredible stuff. Keep it coming.

Style Odyssey said...

incredible! and i love the way you've described this show.
the fabrics, cut and drape are exquisite.
xo

Winnie said...

Oh my goodness Jill, I'm swooning over these pictures. You're amazing!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful dresses...stunning! And your pictures are great.

xoxo
Cyrillynn

adrielleroyale said...

LOVE that second shot with the gold dress and great headpiece - Love love love it :)

Style At Every Age said...

Well where do I start? I thought I was going to this show. I got a save the date email from the PR weeks ago, had never had one before so went back saying thank you and here is my name and address. Waited all this week for ticket to arrive and when nothing was here by Thursday, emailed the PR in question and got a response back saying she never had a ticket request from me! I went back saying "surely if you sent me a save the date email and then I respond with my details, that means I want a ticket". I got nothing back from that response so I assume that is not how it works! Then was even more pissed off to hear from another blogger via Twitter that they let people in without tickets to this particular show. Pissed off - Moi? Hope you are enjoying everything though and getting lots of great pics to share with us xx

Adorngirl said...

You are spot on as soon as I saw the collection I posted about on the same day was well as round up, it was just a collection that was made to b photgraphed, whereas some you need to put it on to feel the magic.

the nyanzi report said...

That last shot is intense!

SabinePsynopsis said...

I can totally see what you mean, Jill. Beautifully sculptural. xo

WeShop said...

Love your LFW coverage, Jill. Always rely on you in particular to let me know what's happening there. xx

Kazuko said...

stunning photography!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photography Jill I am in awe over the image of the gold gown

Style Star x
@hannah_domingo

Natasha said...

You are a fantastic photographer, you got some amazing shots. That second photo is definitely my favourite. xxx

Jen said...

I remember you saying how much you loved Corrie's show - I can see why, the pieces are stunning, so theatrical and creative.

Was absolutely lovely to meet you Jill - next time my email pops up in your address bar, send one over to me! :) Jen x

Dream Sequins said...

Hi Jill it's been a while :) How are you? Looks like you're rocking the LFW pics. Love the structured skirts and the luxe fabrics here.