25.2.11

model's own: leomie







Among the sea of wannabees running around shooting each other (I literally came in and out of the back entrance, via Embankment, all week - and barely spent any time in the circus at the front) I happened to spot LEOMIE ANDERSON, alone, during one of my few quiet moments between shows. There was just something about her that I liked, her simple, elegant, casual style. Her dignity. We spoke for a few minutes, I admired her bag, then I realised she might be a model, and she said she's represented by Premier. I bet as I go thru my catwalk shots I will spot her in a lot of the shows.

It was only later - night before last - when I was watching the EXCELLENT Chanel 4 show, The Model Agency, that I realised she's one of their star new faces. I'm not surprised. Like when I first met a very young Frida Gustavsson, there is something special about this girl. It's worth downloading the first episode if you haven't seen it already, but unlike one of the other young girls, I can tell Leonie will be able to handle this extremely difficult, yet ultimately rewarding, world.

I know she was just doing her job when she posed so seriously, and I can't remember what exactly I said, but I caught just one shot with her delightful girlish smile before she put her model's face back on.


10 comments:

Susan said...

such a cutie :)
xoxo

Anonymous said...

The shot of her smiling is absolutely beautiful. You can just tell she's a model from her poise and being able to look so effortlessly stylish. Great shot. I read a review of The Model Agency in The Times yesterday and thought it looked really interesting. Will definitely catch up on it now!

Alexandra Thérèse xx

www.alexandratherese.com

Meera said...

I love this outfit! Her bag is incredible.
Please check out/follow my blog. I LOVE yours!

xx
Meera

The Photodiarist said...

Pretty girl!

adrielleroyale said...

I don't think I could be a model, simply because I'd be way too smiley LOL Either that or I'd be smirking because I'd be trying not to smile... She is a pretty girl, this one :)

the nyanzi report said...

Very pretty girl. She looked spectacular everytime I saw on the catwalk! I've got a superb shot of her at the Issa show. Coming very, very, soon...

styleeast said...

This last shot is gorgeous, so natural. She has great style, especially that coat! x

mtg said...

aww, she's got a beautiful smile!

Fierce Fabulous Fit said...

I love the oversized coat, and her smile is gorgeous!! she's beautiful!!!

DoYouNoah said...

Awww she is just beautiful ♥ her on the agency great show definately worth checking it out!

Abs xoxo

http://doyounoah.blogspot.com