17.5.11

are you for real?





This is a true story: soon as I arrived at the Arcadia press day (Topshop etc), when I was handed a bowl of yummy beet root salad, I was sitting eating it when who should I see but the lovely Alex of Alex Loves, with two lovely blog friends (that's a whole lot o'lovely) and one of the first things she said was 'this year it's all about Dorothy Perkins.' It was almost more of a pronouncement so off I trotted to the DP floor and I was about to ask to shoot this girl, who was channelling Jerry Hall circa early 1980s, when I realised.. well I'll let the photos speak for themselves. Because she certainly didn't.





(oh and if you want to see something really moving - which IS real - check this out):



10 comments:

Shopgirl said...

I do love Dorothy Perkins - they just get better and better!! when I was growing up - they were the only women's clothes store in my town - I had to like them . Always feel a bit nostalgic about them :)

That mannequin is soooo scarily life like!!! Love the look too.

xx

staklene bombone | hard candies said...

uuu, it looks like a combination of jerry hall, sarah jessica parker and the holly mary herself.
pretty scary, indeed...
cheers!

http://staklenebombone.blogspot.com

Alex Loves said...

All about DP...!

daisychain said...

I have so much love for DPs right now! Bonus being they seem to cut clothes for taller people!

LittleRachael said...

I'm a huge DP fan - i'd say 40% of my wardrobe is from there these days!

And the mannequin is REALLY creepy, haha.

Little Rachael
Little Rachael
Little Rachael

Ellie said...

Pahaha this made me laugh, what a shock you must have had!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh today! I have been guilty of this myself, though I wasn't photographing anybody.

mineral makeup said...

I too love Dorothy Perkins...the styles are getting better and cooler.Lovely trend setters they are.I am a complete fan.

Estela Rengel said...

For God's sake! I thought it was a real girl. So mindfucking. xD

Duck said...

Haha I was one of the lovely blog friends she was with :-) Mannequins can freak me out sometimes - the number of times I've thought they were real people!!

xx
duck