4.5.11

consolations of cooler weather



Well, we had that extraordinary heat wave, which meant that, having NOT booked an Easter Holiday to either Miami/Palm Beach/Mom, or to our favourite Hotel Hurricane on the Andalusia costa de Luz, or to anywhere in Italy - or ANYWHERE, frankly, that was warm and sunny - instead we got deep dark tans by swimming in the lovely outside heated pool.. in the countryside outside London.

And now that it's a bit cooler again, one consolation is I can wear a big crazy plaid Chanel-inspired hand me down jacket from my sister, pairing it with the weirdest things. Once it gets warmer again, I plan to wear it with short shorts and crazy heels, or little flats. It's prompted me to take a look at some of the shots from the recent Chanel press day: have you noticed that the higher quality a group is, the nicer the people are? (and, sadly, visa versa). I loved how all the Chanel team wear wearing the season's jackets in the coolest ways. And the reason I'm posting this shot so large is - can you see it? - the moth holes! I didn't even notice it at the time, it just comes across as so opulent and luxurious. Just goes to show, doesn't it? Perception is everything.

4 comments:

adrielleroyale said...

"Perception is everything." You got that right! The older I get (even at just 30) the more that truth rings SO clearly! :)

Susan said...

awww, that jacket... I would love to lay my little hands on one :))
xoxo

Raspberry & Rouge said...

Gorgeous! Love the jacket! XO Raspberry & Rouge

http://raspberry-rouge.com

Kazuko said...

oh, this jacket screams my name! it's the holes that makes it "mine". but actually, i wouldn't mind any other chanel jacket. (as long as it's a classical boxy one!)