3.8.11

i was told there'd be cake









Last night I went down to the pool, in twilight. No: past twilight. I walked down the wooden path, passing the huge hydrangeas in various colours, like ladies in gowns at Versailles. The moon was a giant golden crescent, positioned exactly centre above the pool, which was empty. I dove into water warmer than the languid air.

These images, these sacred memories, are impossible to capture, let alone describe. I can't post about fashion, apart to say that of the assortment of relatives gathered for my mom's birthday extravaganza week, the majority wore shades of aqua and blue. My cousin Adam's wife Anne helped the children make bracelets, to give as gifts.

There was cake.

8 comments:

the trainee mum said...

Sounds like you're having fun :) xx

the trainee mum said...

Haha!! Just seen your comment on my blog - thank you :) Thanks for making me jealous - I want to be going to the beach!!! Have fun, xx

daisychain said...

I was literally just thinking about you and wondering when you'd post x

slowdownapproaching30 said...

Ahhh holidays - they are just the best.

style odyssey said...

i like pool photos. always have. you know why...it's that luscious, cool aqua hue that you and i are both drawn to. :)
the cake looks luscious, too.
xo

Maryna M said...

I love the third picture with this beautiful blue dress. So pretty.

http://tri-skelos.blogspot.com/

adrielleroyale said...

Ooohhh Ice Cream cake is THE Best!

Unknown said...

O....M....G....that cake looks deeeeevine. It's a close call between great cake, and great clothes that make you feel great (especially if you've just eaten too much cake & you still feel great)!!!

http://thislittlepretty.blogspot.com