15.8.11

like dreaming







The world feels very quiet: I don't even hear a bird singing right now. We are on the North Fork, my husband and my mom, and we leave tomorrow, and it is raining. There are so many images I want to show you - and so little time.

These images are from Tranquility, NJ: the second and third are from last week, but the top shot is by my friend Maryann Kissane, of her daughter Julie and I believe her cousin Lia, whose graduation party from law school they went to last Sunday, the day we were leaving. Leaving places and people I love is hard for me, but I keep returning, again and again, in my dreams. And then, for real.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful stories and images Jill. Hope you've had a lovely holiday xx

daisychain said...

These are just beautiful, especially the first one x

staklene bombone | hard candies said...

nature is a key word for me these days, green and blue key colours, water, ground and sand. enjoy!

Madeline K. Rupard said...

Beautiful blog if I do say so! I'm studying in London next semester so this was a happy find :)