7.11.11

flora: portrait in black and white





Flora is a lovely girl, a family friend of my friend Lucie's, and yesterday I had the privilege to do her first fashion shoot, just the three of us. No 'stylists' running around over-thinking the situation, just us girls, a pile of clothes and accessories, with Lucie feeding us strong builder's tea. Over 800 photos, dozens of looks, and in less than three hours, losing the light and sending Flora back to the train to school.

Floria is also absolutely delightful, and I'm so glad we met. She is.. she's magic. I'm going to be running a series on this shoot, so might as well shut up now, and save it for another post.

Flora is wearing the dress I chose when I first discovered The Vagabond Van: the Appolonia, in white cotton, for the ridiculously low price of £19.90.

The VAGABOND VAN is now on ASOS Marketplace.

11 comments:

Pearl said...

What a lovely post - that sounds like so much fun and I can't wait to see more!

xXx
Pearl

adrielleroyale said...

Man, that sounds like the funnest and best day ever! If ever I wanted to be a model, it was to play dress up every day and get paid for it! ;)

adrielleroyale said...

Of course I have since found out just how much work it is, which is one of the reasons I now do not wish to be a model lol (just to clarify, I do NOT consider models to be lazy). Ok, just had to clear that up :)

Street Reports said...

Hello,
whoa super stile..

San said...

The dress is fabulous. For me I would have styled differently. For her the style looks great and she's rather cute.

This shoot sounds like sooo much fun. I really feel like doing a fashion shoot with a friend of mine again.

Have a great day.

Jessie in Fashion Limbo said...

Lovely dress and great pictures, we want to see more xxxx

Crafty Students said...

That dress is fantastic! It suits her shape so well. How nicely styled of you too! I'm loving your blog as much as ever. It's such a little treat to behold everyday! Keep up your fantastic and creative work :)

Mertxe Hernandez said...

lovely dress.
http://mertxehernandez.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

She has a very interesting face....very young but she has old eyes....very beautiful :) xx Jules xx

Anonymous said...

Love your outfit! Your blog is so cute :) http://vanillachic.wordpress.com/

ediot said...

wonderful shots. flora is lovely!