21.4.10

claire and her new puppy, pip



I was jumping into the tube at Gloucester Road yesterday, on my way to the Thing I Can't Wait to Tell You, when I saw Claire, with her cute little puppy, Pip. She was a great sport about a) letting me shoot her and b) trying to get Pip to pose, but, let's face it, it's really hard to teach a new puppy old tricks.



Claire is displaying perfectly, I feel, this season's Geek Chic. The essentials to every girl's wardrobe: cute little lemon pumps, boyfriend jeans casually cuffed up, fun tee, tomato cardigan, straw hat to keep that harsh sun off English rose skin, honey blond hair, big black geek glasses to only be worn if you're pretty to begin with, a proper lady's big black purse, and, small enough to fit inside, a cute little shiny black puppy.

11 comments:

the style crusader said...

ohhh i LOVE this!! i was telling fred just the other day as we strolled through the park that the only thing i needed was a little puppy! i love that hat, the colour of the cardigan and those jeans. so so cute. actually... i may use it for inspiration on my outfit today (yes, that's right, it's 11:30 and i'm still in my pjs). xx

C. Anne said...

Lovely! Now all I need is the English rose skin & cute little shiny black puppy. Sigh, where can I get that?

jill said...

Have you tried Battersea Dog's Home? ; )

Matthew Spade said...

geeez it really is getting to nearly summer, im still wearing black jeans. time for some new summery investments perhaps? did you check the last pic on my blog? i fancied featuring some non-mens shoes

Platform P said...

Awww, how cute! The fact that the puppy is too scared to some venture into the unknown is adorable.

<3 her hat.

xx

The Photodiarist said...

super cute and great photos.

Carrott said...

I love everything about this look...

EML said...

Usually I'm not a fan of cardis (i dont own a single one...) but I really do like it on her. And the jeans are just freaking amazing! oh and I love the fact that she is wearing a hat. seriously, more people should wear hats.
(aaand awww im not even gonna start on her puppy)

Unknown said...

Love your editorial. I just came across your blog and I love it because you capture real everyday life. People in their moments. P.S. polka dots are my favourite!

thekiwibex said...

Love this look! And Claire totally reminds me of Diana Vickers...

adrielleroyale said...

She's so cute! Love her style!