3.4.10

exhuberence



Main Entry: ex·u·ber·ance
Pronunciation: \ig-ˈzü-b(ə-)rən(t)s\
Function: noun
Date: 1631
1 : the quality or state of being exuberant
2 : an exuberant act or expression

This is a wonderful time to be alive. And more specifically, a wonderful time to be creative, a blogger, interested in fashion and trends, and live in London. Take the current SKETCHBOOK POP UP SHOP, for example, in Soho near Carnaby Street. I am still so buzzed from the two talks last Thursday. The people, the ideas exchanged, the place itself.. so creative. So energising.

Exuberance, I'm discovering, is highly contagious.



Jen and I met Juan at the Pop Up Shop. We didn't compare notes, but, being multitaskers, I've since discovered she also clocked the McQueen-esque red skulls on his jumper and lavender socks peeking thru the most amazing lace ups, while clinging to every wonderful word - and image - of Sandrine, of Style Sight's, amazing talk on trend forecasting. So it makes sense that, when we both met and shot him outside the shop, we'd be inspired to do similar posts. Actually, read her post on him ('don't hold back'): it's better, frankly, and more succinct.



The Sketchbook Pop Up Shop is going on STILL, for a few weeks (check their blog). Definitely going back before it closes. Been running around - friends are in town - and didn't get a chance to post about it til now, but will be posting more about it: I'm just so inspired. It's just great to be meeting so many creative people who feel like I do. It's a bit mad to say this, but I"m going to say it anyway: I almost feel like we're all reincarnated from the Renaissance, and we could be in Florence in the 16th Century. (Can't you just see Juan, hanging out on the Ponte Vecchio?) Webster says 'exuberence' dates back to 1631. I wonder: what happened that year? Who invented it?

The sky blue of the Sketchbook Pop Up Shop, and the more periwinkle blue of Juan's jacket, are my favourite colours (along with pale turquoise). They make me so happy. In fact..I'm changing my blog colour scheme this minute!

10 comments:

the nyanzi report said...

It seems as though the whole of london's blogging community has been to this thing.
I had a flying visit there on fri and it looked great.
I love this town.

jill said...

Yeah, me too. ; )

It's really worth going in and going to the events, I feel. I'm definitely going back.

adrielleroyale said...

I love super smiley people :) That first pic is awesome!

the style crusader said...

love this! xx

Rosalind said...

Wow, that pop up shop looks amazing! Events like that kind of make me wish I lived closer to London.. Ah well.
I love the way the pictures illustrate the title - and I love those two close up portraits. His smile is very infectious!
Thank you for the lovely comment, and that sounds like a great idea! Just send along some questions (maybe email them?) and I'd be happy to answer.

http://clothescamerasandcoffee.blogspot.com/

Cleide said...

I'm Cleide from Sketchbook and i'm so glad that all London's creatives feel like the events and the pop-up is good! Thanks and see you all there soon on Monday!! :D

Anonymous said...

I saw this guy on Jen's blog, he looks so happy! Makes such a good change from the pouting usually seen.

S
http://notjustmedical.wordpress.com

Yeji Kim said...

hehehe I love his BIG smile :)

Don said...

Wonderfully exuberant post and pictures!

The Photodiarist said...

LOVE!! Now he is the definition of exuberance!!