21.11.10

the rules according to anna dello russo



Anna, I hope you'll appreciate this homage I've created based on your 10 Rules to Always be on Top. (But then again: sometimes, with the right attitude, rules are meant to be broken).



"Now begins the critical period for PARTIES to celebrate CHRISTMAS. They involving not only the family and friends, as well as formal events. I'm going to remember you my 10 RULES to be always on TOP!"




1. Don't wear RED or GREEN outfits. You will look alike a Christmas tree.




2. Forget any COATS (also if outside it's only 5 degrees). You should make a big impact just with your dress.




3. Choose a GOLD. You will emphasize the idea to be a Christmas GIFT to unwrap.



4. Go to the hairdresser, facial,manicure and pedicure. Don't be worry to be OVER-DONE!



5. Choose between HAT and MAKEUP, if you wear a hat keep fresh face otherwise you will looks like a transvestite.



6. Wearing lots of JEWELLERY. The sound of JEWELLERY banish bad thoughts and bad ghosts.





7. Focus on the SHOES. Generally at Christmas party you spend a lot of time seated on the sofa.



8. Shoes have to carry all the magical atmosphere of Christmas: Choose sparkling, shiny, eccentric, metallic, decorative, precious, brocade, extravagant, color-full, magnificent, enchanting, ... PAIR OF SHOES.

9. Don't be worry about your BAG, you immediately will forget it on some chairs.



10. Don't throw yourself on the drinks and on the food. It's not POLITE!"

. . . . . . . .



All text exactly quoted by Anna Della Russo, Italianate Inglese and all. Photos by me, as before from Thursday night. Apart from the two shots, above (that's from a post coming up soon): this party was so cool and clean they only served clear drinks: vodka on ice, or sparkling water. Nothing to ruin the art, or the fashion.

Anyone have any other good rules for parties? I so totally agree about the shoes. I wish I had any shoes halfway near as amazing as what I saw the other night.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

she is most amazing..just saw the short clip of her packing rules as well! priceless! xoxo

http://some-kind-of-style.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Whoa, but I'm afraid those rules don't work here, In Russia - a very few people celebrate Christmas, but rules can be transformed to New Year Party Rules, huh?

jill said...

Of course they can! (re New Year's Party rules). I had a boyfriend from Georgia (he was younger - my 'boy toy') and he under Communist rule Christmas wasn't allowed but they did have an 'Uncle Winter' - is that still the case? In any case, yes I do think this applies to New Year's Eve parties, definitely!

And Some Style: I saw that youtube video, too! That's what first introduced me to her - and then I found out she had a blog. She seems so wonderful! xx

Ana Frost said...

I totally agree with the rules number 1 and 10 :-)

Style Odyssey said...

anna is a total delight! she truly is.
i'm not big on rules unless they're ones i've set for myself. however, i agree with her shoe, food and drink rules, and some other ones- but not the coat rule (unless you can quickly get from the car to the party without being stuck in the cold for long).
xo

M* said...

i like all your photos!

Pearl Westwood said...

Anna cracks me up, I so want her to be my friend I would love to chat to her!

Jill I am coming to London - tickets booked so fingers crosses no disasters will encur in the next two weeks! Will email you once we have some sort of action plan xx

Carrott said...

I once wore a green dress with gold details and red shoes. I have to say I managed to not look like a tree! Haha But you have to be very careful with that! xxx

R. said...

So totally agree with #1, 5, and ESPECIALLY 7!!! It's always the shoes!!! If I didn't have a pair of killer shoes to wear to a party, I might as well go naked (and at my age...that is a truly frightening thought! LOL)

jill said...

Thanks all! (my age, too, R.) Carrott I'd love to see it. And I feel with the RIGHT red and green it could be gorgeous. ACTUALLY... I have a shot of a girl in a light green skirt that I'm going to post about next. All rules are made to be broken!

Pearl: can't wait to meet you! Keep me posted.

Maria, thank you. And Stephanie, I also agree about the coat rule: sometimes the coat can be the dress - I saw a lot of that that night.

Ana: I wish you had a blog so I could visit & reply: but I love that you are 'only' a reader, it makes your comments that much more special as there's no hidden agenda - not that any of you who comment here have one, but some people comment just to get people to come to their blogs. I cherish all of yours & your support. Big kiss!!

Maria Fallon said...

I saw these rules in the Sunday Times Style magazine and I have kept it, I am ALWAYS overdressed but I just can't do casual! I don't know what's wrong with me! I loved how Anna credited the bloggers too :)

Maria xxx

jill said...

Sunday US or UK Style? I saw the article but didn't see the rules - I got that from her blog itself. Does anyone have the link? I'm curious.. Thank you Maria, I love your blog but can't comment! Anyone reading this - check it out, she's got this cool photo-flicker effect xxx