13.10.11

dots & dashes







This juxtaposition was one day apart: day after I wore dots with checks, saw this girl at Gail's Artisan, which I've only just discovered was downstairs at Somerset House - specifically for fashion week! Great minds think alike, I guess.

I wore this as an homage to my mom, who only gave me one rule, growing up: you can't mix prints, because they clash. But as both my parents always taught me: creativity is a life force. We must always keep pushing our own boundaries, and breaking our own rules.

Thank you - BLESS YOU - to Jennifer, aka Style East - Otherwise I'd have no record I was even at fashion week.

Must dash. Have a lovely day, kittens! xoxo

7 comments:

Not Just A Pretty Dress said...

Jill, love it! I've bever thought about mixing polka dots and little squares, but the effect is quirky and stylish at the same time!

Serea said...

Breaking rules is ok if you have a real feeling ;)

O D Y S S E Y said...

here's proof that you really can mix prints- if you know what you're doing. clearly, you do! :)

adrielleroyale said...

You look fantastic! :)

Unknown said...

Adorable!! love your outfit!! so classy! :)

The Foolish Aesthete said...

Oh, I love this -- your polka dots and checks mixing with the pixelated background and other geometries!

And I forgot to mention in my other comment how excited I was when you mentioned you are writing a novel!!! Will you be sharing snippets from it, like teasers, on your blog?

Deejay Speaks said...

I like the mixed prints
www.alittleweirdom.blogspot.com