3.6.09

meet the maddoffs


We were strolling thru the park and I noticed this couple - not, as you'd assume, because of the pattern of her top (I truly don't have a polka dot 'thing' - it's just a nickname) but because she was barefoot. I walk barefoot on the grass all the time but once I'm on Rotton Row, it's sandals back on.
So I asked to shoot them & they were cool about it, but when I asked where they were from, they just laughed mysteriously (they had those kind of foreign accents you hear in films: usually by British actors). So, this being England, I didn't want to pry.

As we walked off we couldn't help but speculate: is it an imigration issue? Witness protection program? Are they perhaps the Maddoffs, with a new identity? Did I say something that is very funny in their country? Or was something perhaps lost in translation?

10 comments:

Richard Booth said...

Great shots and I always love your text - you're the best of the streetstyle bloggers, no doubt.

Stephanie and Silvya said...

How interesting! lol

I usually wouldn't like that outfit combination, but the girl can pull it off! They look like a happy couple.

And thank you, thank you for the comments on our blog, they were so nice! :) I agree with Richard, you're one of the best street bloggers I've seen in a long time....

--Stephanie and Silvya

Anonymous said...

wow what a mysterious couple ;),
she kind of reminds me of that song about a polka dot bikini.
and the polka dots are very relevant no? :D
gosh your street style pics never fail to astound me.
gorgeous.
lots of love,
nicky x x

bisou-joue said...

they're so beautiful ! your pictures are great !

Julie Kissane said...

Jill - this blog is looking so great, I am loving each picture and admiring all the British fashionistas! I am your #1 fan, Polka Dot! Mom and I love K's name, "Mr. Dot."

karla deras said...

i love her look- the contrast between polka dots and neon... who would've thought it'd look so good?!

love your blog <3

Anonymous said...

wow. this couple is great, and your blog is absolutely my fav!
alexa from ss stuttgart

jill said...

Oh, bless you miss Julie Kissane, what a coincidence, you're my favourite fan, too! AND fellow traveller. Actually, your mom is my number one favourite fellow traveller, but you're a close second. After your dad... and Ben's up there in the top ten for sure.. you're all my favourite fellow sailors that's for sure!!

Thank you all - truly. It means to much to me to wake up & read this, esp. from fellow fashion bloggers who I really respect & admire. It's inspiring me to keep on posting!
xoxo

Aline Dahl said...

wonderful pictures! they are so lovely!

Anonymous said...

They are being 'retro'? Going barefoot everywhere was an anti-fashion fad in the US during the late 1960s and early 1970s, even in places like New York. Especially young women. Probably was no different in the UK either.