3.6.09

meet the maddoffs


We were strolling thru the park and I noticed this couple - not, as you'd assume, because of the pattern of her top (I truly don't have a polka dot 'thing' - it's just a nickname) but because she was barefoot. I walk barefoot on the grass all the time but once I'm on Rotton Row, it's sandals back on.
So I asked to shoot them & they were cool about it, but when I asked where they were from, they just laughed mysteriously (they had those kind of foreign accents you hear in films: usually by British actors). So, this being England, I didn't want to pry.

As we walked off we couldn't help but speculate: is it an imigration issue? Witness protection program? Are they perhaps the Maddoffs, with a new identity? Did I say something that is very funny in their country? Or was something perhaps lost in translation?

10 comments:

Richard Booth said...

Great shots and I always love your text - you're the best of the streetstyle bloggers, no doubt.

Stephanie and Silvya said...

How interesting! lol

I usually wouldn't like that outfit combination, but the girl can pull it off! They look like a happy couple.

And thank you, thank you for the comments on our blog, they were so nice! :) I agree with Richard, you're one of the best street bloggers I've seen in a long time....

--Stephanie and Silvya

Nicky said...

wow what a mysterious couple ;),
she kind of reminds me of that song about a polka dot bikini.
and the polka dots are very relevant no? :D
gosh your street style pics never fail to astound me.
gorgeous.
lots of love,
nicky x x

bisou-joue said...

they're so beautiful ! your pictures are great !

Julie Kissane said...

Jill - this blog is looking so great, I am loving each picture and admiring all the British fashionistas! I am your #1 fan, Polka Dot! Mom and I love K's name, "Mr. Dot."

karla said...

i love her look- the contrast between polka dots and neon... who would've thought it'd look so good?!

love your blog <3

streetstylestuttgart said...

wow. this couple is great, and your blog is absolutely my fav!
alexa from ss stuttgart

polka dot (Jill Carin Adams) said...

Oh, bless you miss Julie Kissane, what a coincidence, you're my favourite fan, too! AND fellow traveller. Actually, your mom is my number one favourite fellow traveller, but you're a close second. After your dad... and Ben's up there in the top ten for sure.. you're all my favourite fellow sailors that's for sure!!

Thank you all - truly. It means to much to me to wake up & read this, esp. from fellow fashion bloggers who I really respect & admire. It's inspiring me to keep on posting!
xoxo

coco said...

wonderful pictures! they are so lovely!

Anonymous said...

They are being 'retro'? Going barefoot everywhere was an anti-fashion fad in the US during the late 1960s and early 1970s, even in places like New York. Especially young women. Probably was no different in the UK either.