31.12.09

in my life




What is it about the last day of the year - of a decade - that makes us want to review? All those lists, the best something or other.. we're leaving shortly for our party in Richmond, and I was putting together a more New Year's Eve-ish post, but I kept finding this one, and that one, as if I've got to include every shot of every person I didn't show you before.




To think that in 2009, among other things, I first started this little blog, and it's grown to the point where.. well I can't say yet, but I've got some exciting partnerships to look forward to in 2010,. All the real life friends who rock my world, and all the generous spirited women - and men - who have appeared in my life simply thru putting up this blog and saying 'this is who I am, this is what I see.'

Not to mention all the wonderful people who I've met and photographed, who have taken that leap of faith to let a total stranger take their photo and put it up on the internet. Some have contacted me, some have become close friends - one even watched our cat while we were away - and some I've never heard from again. But each person touched me in some way, and I hope in turn you've got something from seeing their photos. Even if it's just a smile.

This isn't my New Year's Eve post - that will come up later, after I've shut this baby down - but for now, I just want to say thank you, by playing perhaps my favourite ever song:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing the Beatles song- I always get sentimental New Years Eve- and great music is so much a part of the experience.
Wishing you a every happiness and great success with your blog in 2010.
m

Anonymous said...

Have Mr. Dot take a pic of you in your LSD.
what shoes are you wearing?
mona

jill said...

I will! Once we get to Richmond. I can't get over that you live inRichmond (VA) did you know our childhood home was on Richmond Avenue?

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, Mona, and your support & friendship. Now I'm getting all soppy! Hope you & Tony (& Jesse!) have a wonderful New Year's Eve, and that this year is just brilliant for you in every way. And that we can get together! Somewhere in the world.

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like the Beatles, a great song off a great album.

I just wanted to say thankyou for kind comment on my blog. I absolutely love reading your blog everyday, it reminds me of what a fantastic city we live in!

S

Style Odyssey said...

Pretty boys! I love their hair.

This is my favorite Beatles song. It literally gives me chills when I hear it. Such a fitting song for Old Year's Night.

Thank you, Jill, for your wonderful blog, and your friendship across the pond. I know one day, we will meet. :) In the meantime, there is Skype.

Happy 2010!! xoxo

Unknown said...

LOVE THIS POST... AND SIGH LOVE THAT SONG ALWAYS KINDA MAKES ME WANT TO CRY....DONT KNOW WHY...LOVE YOUR PHOTOS. YOU HAVE AN AWESOME BLOG.

ANGIE XOXO
CLICK HERE: MINT VINTAGE JUNK

Susan said...

keep up the great work :)
xoxo

The Photodiarist said...

Beautiful post. Cannot wait to hear what's in store for you in 2010!

Dominique Ernest said...

love your pic!!!
my blog dominique-ernest.blogspot.com
xoxo