14.12.09

it's a hard rain's a gonna fall



Stalked this couple for a few steps in Soho, but I was rushing to meet my delightful friend Bronwyn, and never saw their faces. There's something so iconic about this image to me: has anyone seen Bob Dylan's debut album called The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan? Something in her gesture reminds me of that shot. (And if you don't love Dylan... then well, as Dolores said to Jed Barlett in a West Wing flashback, I don't even want to know you.) And in case you don't believe me, try this on for size:





Within 24 hours of that shot, saw this woman on the King's Road. This plus the red tights on Regent's Street the other day.. I mean, one's a one-off, two could be coincidence but three's a trend. In my book.



Couldn't resist another shot. It's funny, I'll never know who they are, or what they look like, but something in the way they were together made me think they must be way cool.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

colored tights are really big this season! the couple really looks interesting.

http://herarmoire.blogspot.com

Team Inglis said...

love it. and she totally reminds me of taylor momsen (from the back at least!)

Leah said...

Hi Jill! Just woke up and I immediately checked your status...trying to see if you're now the ex Mrs Dot or what, see I'm so concerned about you. I guess everything went well. Hahaha!

Bright tights...I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate this in my wardrobe. But these ladies look awesome. They can be my inspiration.

Susan said...

love those pink tights!
have a lovely day, xoxo

Canon digital cameras said...

I wish you could’ve taken a front view of her outfit.

recruitment new Zealand said...

I like her white hat, she’s very stylish.