15.12.09

raindrops keep falling on my head





It's raining again here in London town - which I truly don't mind - except what to wear? I so want to wear my chocolate brown faux fur jacket, and I'm so tired of hiding under the so unstylish tan waterproof snorkel.. aha! Elana, from Columbia, has the answer near South Kensington tube: an umbrella! Over fur. Brilliant. Problem sorted.

Before I dash out, I leave you pet shop boys & girls with two of the three most stylish film stars to come out of the sixties: Butch Cassidy (Paul Newman) & Etta (Katherine Ross). The third, the Sundance Kid, of course (Robert Redford), was sleeping. I'm so in the mood to rent this film now. Check it out: it was a period piece, and yet there 's lots o' style inspiration.

Better run. We miss you, Mr. Newman! Hope you're having fun riding that bicycle in the sky.

11 comments:

Amanda said...

I think Elana's outfit is a visual representation of your own thoughts about rain...it's neat!

Canon digital cameras said...

You look so well prepared for the rain. I like your shoes.

recruitment new Zealand said...

Wow! It must be so cold out there because you are well wrap by big furry jacket.

Leah said...

I love how Elana is wearing white shoes even under the rains.

Jill, I have a blog give-away. Hope you can drop by.

daisychain said...

I want that jacket!

Ugh, it's sodding raining here, too.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jill very cool look
md

Lisa said...

It's snowing here. i thought of a song when i read the title, but not this one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_oLCJIYOVU
i thought of regina spektor :)

jill said...

md! you're back! how'd you manage that?

lisa: thank you! i've got another rainwear post coming up - very different - will use her song & credit you.

daisychain: did you get snow tho? it turned to snow for a while here & i was out in it: magic!!

leah: will do. & amanda: exactly! ; )

Susan said...

we have snow here... I am not a fan.
have a lovely day, xoxo

The Photodiarist said...

Wonderful photos. She has a great smile -- and a mullet??

jill said...

HA: you're right!! It's funny when I met Elana, I admired her cut - I thought it was a very precise short bob. Talk about not paying attention... I literally did not see the back until you said it.

Yeah: great smile.. AND a mullet ; )