23.12.09

two italians, an englishwoman & a japanese brand, in shades of blue & grey



Further to today's previous post, Eime (pronounced Amy, like my sister!), who is from Tokyo but lives in London, is wearing a knit coat from Massimo Dutti, a skirt from a japanese brand, a jumper from Nicole Fahri and a pair of boots from Prada. When I met her & admired her bag, she said it's Nicole Fahri and a few years old but she was so happy when she found it.



It was freezing cold when we met - both rushing past on High Street Kensington - but somehow in the shots, something very serene and warm and sunny came through, which is why I asked to photograph her. I hadn't asked Eime's nationality but her whole look, and movements, felt Japanese to me. Which she is.



There is something so happily serene, yet clean, almost austere, about her style. Architectural, but constructed with soft, natural materials. And yet the items, if you think about it, are designed by an English woman (twice), two Italians, and only the skirt is Japanese. And, as we speak, she's flying home to Japan for vacation.

Happy Holidays, wherever in the world you may be.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

OH she looks really warm, and I love her outfit. For me, and the new year "grey is the new black", just such a toned down colour, but really sheek aswell.

J'aime
www.tinominosquared.blogspot.com

Susan said...

love gray tones.
have a sweet day, xoxo

Cafe Fashionista said...

I love the fact that she looks warm, yet completely trendy, as well!! :)

Ed Hardy Lady Long Steeve said...

Nice bag and cloth.

Pearl Westwood said...

Hi Jill, I found my Chanel window and some others:
http://fashionpearlsofwisdom.blogspot.com/2009/12/come-shopping-with-me.html
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, Pearl xx

The Photodiarist said...

One of my favorite outfits - as you might have guessed - because of the colors and the shapes and the way this girl wears it. Love.