4.12.09

who's that girl



This girl passed me in the crowd just as I was about to go into Topshop the 2nd time to shoot the Dress Me Up event. I felt like I was seeing a younger version of myself: it just stopped me in my tracks and for a moment, I couldn't even speak.

In some ways, some of my portraits are in a personal way, almost self portraits (which is something I used to do).



I asked where she got her skirt and she said it was some below the knee skirt she bought at a charity shop and chopped off. She told me her name and for the life of me, I can't recall it, or even find where I wrote it down. Maybe she'll get in touch but probably not, because, frankly, I think she's just a wonderful figment of my imagination, with my idea of perfect street style.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's stunning, simply stunning.

The Photodiarist said...

UBER COOL STYLE! I love it.

Unknown said...

i love her style too! she's a doll! =)

http://herarmoire.blogspot.com

Dejana • shopsterium.com said...

i think the shawl makes the outfit complete
nice one!

Cafe Fashionista said...

The frayed hemline of the shirtdress is just such a clever touch! Love it! :)

daisychain said...

this is amazing, I just love her entire outfit. great shot girly.

Taylor said...

Love how she paired the summery skirt with all the knits.

Now of course, I need to see a side-by-side photo of you and her.

sofiasophie said...

love her hair and her hat...

Amy said...

she looks amazing, i love what she's wearing!
she has a lovely figure too
i love the tights and boots together, and the scarf's nice (:

Eyeliah said...

oh this look is too die for, down to the freying hem.

Susan said...

love that floral print.
have a lovely day, xoxo

The Fashion Cloud said...

That dress is just perfect

xx
FashionCloud

www.thefashioncloud.com

Rachel said...

She is my daughter, the beautiful Emily!

Rachel

jill (dot) said...

Oh, Rachel, I'm so glad you found this! I was just about to post shots of her again: almost like a public plea, 'does anyone know this girl' : D

If you'd like to privately send me an email @ jill@haybooks.com, I can send you the shots. And this way if/when I do future (i.e. professional) style fashion shoots, I'd know how to find her. I was in a rush when I met her & didn't take her details. You must be pretty special to have a daughter like Emily, she is absolutely charming & oh so stylish. Thank you for getting in touch.