28.4.11

scenes from the mall







What a glorious day! Walking among the most wonderful human beings, from.. everywhere. And to think, tucked up at home, all cosy and warm, drinking tea and uploading photos and trying to decide which to post first: the people I met and shot today, are camping out.

All to celebrate the love of two people they haven't met. But we're really celebrating life, and love. And I don't care how corny that sounds. What's that line about anyone who is tired of London.. ah, here it is:

"Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

Well that's how I've come to feel about the Royal Wedding: if you're too cool to embrace this one, folks, well I just don't know WHAT to say. And I just heard: unprompted, Princes William and Harry went walking among the crowd tonight.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That must be such a cool and shocking sight! I certainly know that here in the United States people are going crazy as well for the royal wedding that is about to take place. I must say that I am happy for the Prince and his fiancée(since they're not married yet). You are right in the sense that we are celebrating life and love. Those are two things that are worth celebrating since they are among the most important things a human being can have. I love the pictures by the way!
Check out my trendy blog!
http://thetrendydwarf.blogspot.com/

the nyanzi report said...

tomorrow is a day of celebration and street parties. thank God for the monarchy!

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Isn't it great that Wills and Harry went out to say hi? It's the sort of thing their mum would have approved of. I want to take the guy in the waistcoat home for a cup of Earl Grey and a Jaffa Cake. Keep 'em coming! xo

jill said...

Funny you said that, Socks.. I was thinking 'this is crazy, three posts in under an hour' but just did that post as your comment came in, so thank you.

And yeah, David, thank God for the monarchy!

But especially: TRENDY DWARF!! What a delight to hear from you. We go way back.. we supported each others' blogs early on - one of my first blog friends. I love what you wrote, thank you.

style odyssey said...

i won't be watching the wedding live (too early over here!) but i genuinely appreciate the monarchy. i was thrilled to see diana and charles get married, and also andrew and sarah.

there's something quite glorious and special about the tradition and history of it all. for many americans (and other cultures which don't have/never had monarchies) it's like a fairy tale (but wait, it's real!) and i personally like that very much.

slowdownapproaching30 said...

London had such a lovely buzz about it today, everyone all ready to celebrate!

I'm excited for tomorrow - I can't wait to see the dress and I've even had a flutter on what Tiara she will be wearing! I wish them all the best for the future.

Thank you for your lovely comment! x

Randye Kimmel said...

Hope you have a glorious day tomorrow. The whole world will be watching!