1.12.11

small world



Rain: cold. Trying to nip a bug in the bud, and I went out (more about that later) only to turn around, with take away Wasabi noodle soup, while watching the One Show. And who should be on it but Chris Martin and the guys from Cold Play, talking about KIDS COMPANY and how impressed they are with them, and Camila B, and the work they're doing, and asked how they could help. And as a result, they're playing at the O2 Arena, along with Rob Brydon, Steve Coogan, etc.

OR, I've got a cheaper way to give to the Kids Company ('kids today'). Put the weekend of 10/11 December in your diary: go to Oxford/Regent Street for the West End VIP weekend: they're closing off the traffic, it's going to be absolutely MAGICAL: old fashioned Christmas, with carollers and revellers and by shopping you're donating, provided you use your Amex card.

American Express will give double rewards to cardmembers and £1 to Kids Company every time an American Express Card is used in the West End over the weekend [American Express will donate up to a maximum of £50,000 to Kids Company. Only UK Cardmembers are eligible for double rewards. For full details and terms and conditions visit westendlondon.com.]

This art, btw, is by me, adapted by a shot I took on Monday of Camila Batmanghelidjh's feet. And for your viewing pleasure, a clip from the 1964 NY World's Fair. I hope you're not taking LSD while watching this, or it will freak you right out. But I WAS THERE, and it brings me happy memories of my childhood - privileged in more ways than simply financially. Which is all the more reason why I am so blown away by what Kids Company are doing.

No comments: