8.11.09

biker chic (& i'm off to see the wizard)



Laura, outside Baker Street Tube. Like the previous shot, I'm always amazed when women who have a rather full on sexy look going on, are actually really sweet. That was the case with Laura, and also the girl in yesterday's post. I shot her in a wild, frenetic crowd: the hysterical minutes going into the KTZ show @ fashion week. We literally had to shout to each other when I asked to shoot her, and she told me her name, but I couldn't hear it. I was surprised after, that she came across such a calm pool of serene. And that I'd managed to get that shot unobstructed.

Thank you for your really good comments on glamour yesterday. I've been home since Friday with the highest fever I've had since childhood: I mean, I'm delirious. I'm not even sure I'm doing this post right. The most I'm hoping to accomplish after this is to drag my sorry ass over to the living room & watch The Wizard of Oz. Chanel 5 @ 3:00, if anyone in the UK is home and reading this.

10 comments:

StyleSpy said...

Jill -- break that fever, sweetie, quick as you can. Take two acetominephen and two hours later take two ibuprofen. Continue this for a few rounds r until your fever breaks, which I promise it will. (But don't drink any wine for a few days after, to give your liver a rest!) Seriously, my doc told me to do this when I had a weekend-long temp of 104 due to a bronchial infection a few years ago, and it works. You'll sweat through four shirts, but you have to get rid of that fever.

Cafe Fashionista said...

Love, love, love, love, love this look! I just bought a black biker jacket - now I want to rock it with cut off denim and patterned tights. Stunning photograph, darling! :)

I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling under the weather. Please get well soon! :)

Team Inglis said...

sorry to hear you've got such a nasty fever! wizard of oz sounds great though! would have loved to watch it but was stuck at work today.

i love your blog, and will definitely be visiting it often. you are officially added to my list of faves!

Unknown said...

Hope your feeling better:) What an awesome look! She's totally owning it!

Papillon said...

Jilllll! :( I feel for you <3 I really hope you get better soon! I'll bake you some cookies and muffins and have them sent over to your place!

Susan said...

hope you get better soon! sending lots of love & hugs your way :)
xoxo

Tallulah Keats said...

Hey - I watched the Wizard as well today and was going to mention it in my post. Hope your feeling better. My blog has some photos of street life on Halloween - if you want to check it out, would love to know what you think
http://wwwlondongirl.blogspot.com/
best wishes

Dream Sequins said...

Yipes. I hope you feel better soon, Jill! I am feeling under the weather myself.. it's taken me about a week to return to semi-normal..

Back to this lovely lass in leather. Love the jacket paired with the lace tights. Not sure if that belt belongs with the ensemble. But who cares-- her smile is wonderful.

xxD

Unknown said...

Aw, I need to watch the wizard of oz, that little girl is too cute!
XOXOX
Libby
http://fashionconfectionairy.weebly.com

TheSleekGeek said...

hey jill, rmb me? haha we didnt speak for ages!i've been busy with my study:S it drives me crazy and i dont have much time on my blog. or maybe i'll pick it up again soon.dunno. so how are you?what ahve you been up to?
xx