29.11.09

phoebe, phoebe



When I was meeting my friend Stella for lunch in Camden, I passed Phoebe on the high street, drinking a coffee in a cup that exactly matched her hair and scarf. I was already 5 minutes late but asked to shoot her in that exact position (Stella's bf is a photographer and she knows what it's like: you just can't let a good shot slip thru your fingers).



Apparently she was having 'too much fun', as my friend Daniel would say, the night before, & was basically just waking up. And also, while I was shooting her, some tourist was photographing her with his phone, so she was giving him attitude as well. In her own words:

'The boots were fought for tooth and nail in a Faith sale a couple of months ago, and the bag was from Topshop :) (along with the jacket, although i'm fairly sure for £40 it's not real leather!) Yeah I live in Camden, currently working in a pub in covent garden and getting as much work experience in the music industry as possible!'

12 comments:

StyleSpy said...

Those boots were worth the fight, they're fantastic.

My hair was a similar color for a while when I was in college, though it was more fire-engine & less magenta. Makes me a wee bit nostalgic.

Leah said...

She rocks... that hair is awesome.

la flore et la faune said...

RnRoll Attitude great silhouette and smart smile : nice shot.

The Photodiarist said...

Ahh - great individual style. Love that about London. So Polka Dot - I've been absent from your blog for a mere three days and I am 10 posts behind! You are a posting queen!

Maria Tavares said...

Great outfit! :D
Be cool
Maria

the style crusader said...

wow, she looks so cool. you know, i find the people you chose to photograph really inspiring. you always seem to be able to see the beautiful side of people.

daisychain said...

wow, she looks amazing, you were right to snap her!

Cafe Fashionista said...

Her hair matches her scarf and I love, love, love it! :)

Unknown said...

Love her scarf.

You guys should check out the big giveaways this month on www.themishdish.blogspot.com they are giving away some great accessories this week.

Anonymous said...

Aw thanks guys :) i felt rough as anything!!
Lots of love, Phoebe X

Susan said...

wow, gorgeous!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

i love Phoebe!