12.11.09

ira's theme



Looking back, the last day before I got this bug/alleged swine flu thing - last Thursday, Guy Fawkes' day - was a kind of Odyssey home. I had gone up to my friends' Bronwyn & Michal's neck of the woods - Primrose Hill area - and was taking a long, scenic walk home, thru Primrose Hill, Regent's Park... just going where my camera, and the Muse, led me. Along the way I came across the most extraordinary scenes, most of which I'm not posting because they're not relevant to street style (altho some, like the dogs, could just barely squeak by).





Shortly after the Dog Incident, I came across Ira (pronounced more like a soft 'Yirra'), from Russia, in electric blue jeans, photographing the bright red berries in this tree. She was with an older relative, possibly her grandmother. Perhaps it's because I was already a bit feverish, but it was a very Dr. Zhivago moment, I felt. The intense, technicolour-ness of the moment (I haven't touched these shots). She is such a nice girl, and as I walked away, I found myself humming Lara's Theme.

8 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

Oh, she is absolutely adorable and charming - loving the color of her pants, and her hat! :)

Anonymous said...

how electric this pair of blue denim .... and one eccentric ensemble that brights the day .... really wonderful, xx

Style Odyssey said...

definitely charming. her pops of color make me smile!
xo

It's just a Monday said...

Yeah she is cute. Love her hair colour!

Pearl Westwood said...

Hope ur feeling better! She is so cute in her little hat!

A Gluten Freestyle said...

Love her hair and her jeans. Great colours for a wintry day.

xx

http://walkthesand.blogspot.com

Don said...

Wonderful hat, hair and pants. Nice shots.

Susan said...

love that bracelet so much!
I hope you feel better soon, xoxo