30.11.09

classic with a cuban twist



Anna, outside the V&A, looking gorgeous in beige jacket, black leggings, and fabulous slouchy black leather cuban heel boots, which are usurping the peep toe bootie , or extreme platform heels like That Acme Boot. At least, on the street. Evening is another thing, but the mood on the street is going for warmth, and practicality, and apart from a ton of Uggs, the cuban heel is an elegant solution.

It was getting dark, and I was dashing past to meet a friend. She was chatting with someone and standing exactly like that, so she gracefully held the pose for me before I ran off. So I didn't get a chance to ask Anna anything, or get her details.

Lately, I'm in a black & beige mood, and this clean, classic look sums it up for me. When Jackie Kennedy was First Lady, she found an American designer who could give her her Paris couture look: Oscar de la Renta. She loved a colour that was between beige and grey, which she called 'griege'. I've thought about that colour lately, as I love the subtlety of beige and grey together, warm and cool tones. In the deepening twilight, I thought about Jackie, and decided she would approve of Anna's simple yet elegant style: classic with a cuban twist.

11 comments:

Susan said...

she's really cute!
have a lovely day, xoxo

Ana Frost said...

Absolutely gorgeous :-)
I love outfit like that, simply and chic.

Diary of a Young Designer said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Her coat is just so elegant and chic!

xo
Sophie

Thumbelina Fashionista said...

Hey Jill! I love the color on this woman's jacket. I've been obsessed with it lately.

J. said...

Mmmm...I love the tan and black combo! One of my favorites!

Love your blog!

Matt30 said...

Your images are great!

Xmas Dresses said...

Looking really nice in this photo!!and what a gorgeous coat!!

Cafe Fashionista said...

You're not the only one in a black and beige mood, darling! Lately I have been searching for nude toned clothing - it truly possesses the same type of elongation power as neutral colors such as black. Loving this look - and her expression/personality is priceless. Fabulous work on this photograph! :)

Rosalind said...

I notcied that you'd been posting a lot of photos ncluding tose tones, and for good reason! Grey (especially charcoal shade) is one of my favourite colours to wear at the moment. It's s versatile and has a very autumnal feel.
I think a lot of people are attracted to grey and beige because they are comforting colours.
Great street style post.

I forgot to comment, but the TopShop idea sounds brilliant. An oppurtnity like that, and it goes to charity! Makes me wish I could live in London so I could take advantage of this amazing scheme.

http://clothescamerasandcoffee.blogspot.com/

Rosalind said...

Oh, and ignore all the spelling mistakes in the last comment please- tough typing often means that I end up making silly mistakes!

daisychain said...

I LOVE her coat