21.11.09

stripes




The sun came out the other day, and so did I, after what felt like a long flu-induced hibernation. It felt like everyone was smiling. Met Severine and her friend Eleonore, both French girls, outside Paul. I asked where she got her striped Breton top and she said it's her sister's, it's a 'kind of political party, kind of an army'. I am so curious! It just felt like it had a special je ne sais quois.

Minutes earlier, I snapped this shot of two different men, wearing different hats, and yet looking like they could be brothers. And I'm putting it in this post because he's wearing stripes, too, and the stripey effect of the railings in the sunshine. Now off on a variety of Saturday adventures with an impatient Mr. Dot, and the camera! Have a lovely Saturday, boys & girls.

8 comments:

the style crusader said...

stripes are definitely having a moment. xx

Anonymous said...

This girl is really good looking, with stripes and sun.
Your pictures are really lovely...

Style Odyssey said...

you know i love stripes!! i prefer mine kind of french, kind of edgy. stripes are such a classic thing; they can be worn any way one chooses, like any true classic.
happy weekend, J!
xo

Cafe Fashionista said...

I've been contemplating buying a top with horizontal strips, but I'm worried that it will look unflattering on me. Loving the Parisian vibe it adds to Severine's style! :)

Susan said...

love stripes :))
amazing photos, darling.
xoxo

Julia said...

I love that darling little man! Fantastic capture.

Louis Duke Photography said...

This post, these photographs, AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

these are really nice intimate shots!