17.11.09

window shopping: crown jewels



I'm sure I'm not alone in this feeling - in fact, I know I'm not, as everyone I know, apart from my husband, Mr. Dot, has had either 'the' flu or 'a' bug or simply a cold & fever recently. It doesn't have to mean we're home all that long - a week, maybe, tops - but when we do emerge from our cave, AND the sun comes out... it's just absolutely glorious, you know?



I keep hearing that song playing in my head, I don't know who sang it, from the 80s or so, that line about 'welcome to the human race'.. anyway, I found myself with a few minutes to spare yesterday, on Sloane Street in Knightsbridge, and suddenly, the sun came out, everything looked new, crisp and clean and sparkly, and I met Samantha.



She hesitated about me shooting her: she was a bit shy and felt she didn't photograph well (it's always the ones who think they don't, who do). So I didn't bother her with any questions about where she got anything, or even, where she's from (she had a lovely lilting voice: not pure English, something... European, that I couldn't place).



It was a very quick shoot, click, click, click, but I didn't get one bad shot. And I'll let you clever fashionistas source for me. I noticed she had two leopard prints (scarf, belt), there is quite a bit of jewel/crystal going on, ANd the crown motif (as per previous post) is repeated twice: belt buckle, and on her jeans, which I assume are Rock & Republic (I've read Victoria Beckham is in some kind of litigation with them, by the way).

I'm not usually one for all that matchy-matchy stuff, but I feel it works on Samantha because she's so pretty, so well groomed & put together, but, the most important accessories of all: she smiles not just with her mouth, but with her eyes.





Throwing a whole bunch of window shopping shots at you: all shot within a few yard radius, and within ten minutes. Thank you all again for your lovely, lovely comments & get well thoughts: it worked! Hope you're all feeling fabulous today. xox

6 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

I've fallen in love with Samantha. She's just so perfectly coiffed without being overdone or stuffy. Loving the way she adds a pop of print to her black ensemble - it's showstopping, to be quite honest.

Ooh, you're so right. I have been battling the flu for weeks now, and am finally beginning to feel as if I may be able to brave a day out of doors quite soon. It's as if you're emerging from hibernation! :)

Style Odyssey said...

you're killing me w/ the window shopping, i'm so shopping-deprived these days!! there's nary a "real shop" to be had in all the BVI.....*sigh*

samantha is lovely. first i thought her jeans were juicy couture, but you may be correct instead- rock and republic, perhaps. i'm not a fan of the fancy pocket look for myself, but on her, it just works. the belt, however, i could definitely do!

Susan said...

window shopping is bliss :))
this girl looks really awesome by the way.
have a lovely day, xoxo

Lolitta said...

Love that belt!!

http://loveyourfabulousself.blogspot.com/

Amanda said...

Loco for leopard! My favorite accessory is a leopard pashima-type scarf...it goes with everything.

I love Samantha's studded gloves, too. I love her look in general...sort of rocker with a touch of preppy with the scarf and flats.

Glad you're feeling better!

StyleSpy said...

I'm really hankering for a good leather jacket this winter. I'm keeping an eye peeled, but no luck so far.

Oh, that Prada... I loved this collection.