18.3.10

fashion as art: study in charcoal + orange





Your comments about art + fashion are captivating, thank you. More, please!

This is part of an installation on the last (boys) day of LFW. In a small white room, a series of models stood on boxes, modeling clothes (I'm trying to source the designer: does anyone know??). My 50 mm lens means I have to stand far back to get someone in a shot, and I couldn't back far enough, hence my series of triptychs. This is part of a series I shall show you, over time.

Normally, I'm not a fan of Halloween colours, but I feel I need to be more open minded in terms of colour. Besides, the model is just so gosh darn cute. And I like the little half pleat skirt thing.

Speaking of.. in answer to that question, 'what's your fashion sex? ', I feel that for most of us - while we might lean one way or another - androgyny is such a cool look. I love throwing together a bit of both: like Roz was saying, brogues with little flowery dresses (maybe with a biker jacket on top).. same goes for the boys. It's all good fun, which, to me, is what art, like fashion, can never have too much of. Anything that makes us think, that pushes the envelope just a little bit further, while still striving for balance. And beauty.



(Here's one of the other models, on a break. It's not easy, standing on a box having people take your picture!)

8 comments:

Matthew Spade said...

i just love this whole outfit, the half knitted skirt looks superb and not really too feminine at all.

i think it might be an obvious one but for me it is socks, i must own about 60 pairs and i consider this first when im putting my outfits together on a daily basic. mad i know but i have to do it. my current favourites are bright orange with my dark red brogues

Style Odyssey said...

Because he's not wearing orange with black, I don't see this as being Halloween-esque. I think any shades of gray with any shades of orange look striking together.
I've got behind on reading your posts, so off I go for some catching up...

xoxo

FASHION CHALET said...

Handsome fella ;)

Thanks for the comment. I see you are using my Bloglovin' Artist Icon and crediting it. THANK YOU, Makes me so happy! :)

How was your weekend? Here's to a lovely one that starts tomorrow.



xx

San said...

I love the shoes of the second model. Is it a guy or a girl? This pic has me totally confused, it's a mens show but your androgyny talk....

Cheers

Michelle said...

The last guy, if he's a guy, is handsome!

Cecylia said...

Boys with style. I love the orange/black scarf

Susan said...

love this look!
xoxo

EIGHT LONDON said...

Orange is my new favourite everything!