12.3.10

dress me up in elber albaz



Those of you who knew me way back in November 2009 might remember how excited I was about the Dress Me Up charity thingy at Topshop. I posted on it a few times (for example: here). Our favourite celebrities and designers donated their dresses for charity, and people were able to rent them for their Christmas parties, with the idea that later, the dresses would be auctioned off.





Anyway, the auction is now happening, thru the wonderful Kerry Taylor Auctions. (The Christopher Kane 'Atomic Bomb' resort dress, for example, starts @ £50). By bizarre coincidence, I went to their Audrey Hepburn pre-auction viewing. Which I posted about a few times. I didn't realise that Kerry Taylor was doing the auction for Dress Me Up as well.



(I should add: Topshop doesn't get anything for this, and neither do I: it all goes to charity for Age Concern, and since we're all headed in that direction if we don't manage to get ourselves killed first, I feel it's a pretty good cause).




The auction is Tuesday March 16th at 10.30am, with viewing open to the public on Sunday 14th 12-4.30pm and Monday 15th 9.30-5pm. It's too large to be held in their Pall Mall space, so it's out in Dulwich at their warehouse: 40 Martell Road, West Dulwich, London, SE21 8EN
Just go to their site, or via Invaluable. Should be great fun, I'm going to try to make it on Monday, so maybe I'll see you there. If not, please spread the word!




As you can see I'm in a kind of sea green/nudes sort of colour mood today, altho I've shot a ton more than I'm showing here. From top to bottom: Patricia in Kate Moss's Lanvin by Elber Albaz, Nicola Robert's custom made tour dress, Olivia Palermo's Armani frock, Kimberly Stewart's beaded number by Antik Batik, Richard Nicholl's print dress + Christopher Kane's Atomic Bomb resort dress (starting price: only £50!!), Jourdan Dunne's Herve Leger, me trying to stuff myself into said Leger, and back full circle to Patricia in Kate's Lanvin dress.



No wonder she's smiling. I bet Kate's got plenty of happy memories in this dress. Have a lovely weekend, everyone. Hope you're busy making your own happy memories.

9 comments:

Leah said...

What a pose Jill... I can see the S curve... sexy!!!

I love that Kate dress too.

Happy weekend! xoxo

jill said...

Ha, thanks but that was just me trying to back up far enough in the dressing room to fit the dress in with my 50mm lens. Somehow my arms look like hams - something I'd never been self conscious of before - but hey, what can you do. Happy weekend to you too babe! xoxo

SabinePsynopsis said...

These dresses look so lovely. Too bad I've got to be at work on Tuesday, but will probably have a peek on Sunday. Also wanted to say that I just discovered your blog and think it's wonderful!

Estela Rengel said...

WOW, that black girl is sooo gorgeous, I love her hair and the dress she's wearing. But mainly, I love her skin, she has a very beautiful colour. *_* She has to be very lovely with a purple dress.

hakkamui said...

Hi Polka Dot, I enjoy your blog. The pictures are clear and beautiful, the story precise.
You have eyes for details.

renatah said...

I love the Alber Elbaz for Lanvin dress. Just wow.
x

Shayda said...

ohohohoh love the lanvin dress

Yuliya Fashionblog said...

I love ♥


http://yuliyamodeuse.blogspot.com/

MiA said...

Ah! this dress is amaaaaaazing!!! (the one on the last picture) I love love love it!

http://miamarionette.blogspot.com/