8.3.10

shampoo



I was in the Ladies' Room @ LFW, playing around with a self portrait (as one does: some people apply lipstick, I play around with camera angles) when suddenly, behind me in the entrance area, there was a commotion. I turned around and, startled, took this shot. It looked like two men were vigorously shaking two skinny guys heads as if their lives depended on it. There was a franticness, an urgency, that made me think perhaps they were torturing them for information. There was some shouting, too.



But no: it was two very slim female models, and for some reason, they were shampooing their hair. In a hurry. It sure wasn't the luxurious head massage I get when I go to Windle, or even when I shampoo my own hair. This was brutal. Whoever thought modelling was just a stroll down the catwalk, think again.

I just took a second shot, two clicks within seconds, and was so out of there.

Speaking of Shampoo: has anyone seen the film from the 70s, with Warren Beatty and Julie Christie? Some of it is quite dated but some aspects really hold up: their chemistry, for one thing. And her hair! It is the perfect, long bob.

6 comments:

the style crusader said...

this is so funny! oh the craziness of fashion week! having your hair frantically washed in a public bathroom... their hair must have been looking pretty rough if this was needed! xx

Leah said...

Hahaha! Now, where is your self-portrait?

daisychain said...

Haha what a funny post girly <3

San said...

LOL, good thing I never wanted to be a model.

Oh gawd, just thinking of the trouble hair washing at the international space station must be makes me cringe. Wohoo, just found one reason why it's good that I didn't get my childhoods dream occupation, it was astronaut.

Susan said...

LOL :)
xoxo

U-NI-TY said...

Funny!
Have a look at our fashion show:
http://u-ni-ty-paris.blogspot.com/