28.3.10

the garden collection



It was cold & even a bit rainy @ times the other day, when we had our 2nd Official Covent Garden Cupcake Convention (the blog roll is increasing: this was all Jen's idea, bless her cotton socks: Kit, the Style Slicker, Shini from Park & Cube, and the elusive but brilliant Vanessa Jackman herself! I loved the way Shini reacted when she realised it was Vanessa: read Jen's post, she wrote exactly what I would have. Uncanny, actually. (I wonder if real life celebrities get that way when they meet: if Tom Cruise, for example, when he meets Daniel Craig, says oh my god, I just loved you in those Bond films.. actually,.. never mind, not even GOING there! ; )

Then Hedvig arrived, breathless & beautiful, in her new dress from the Garden Collection @ H&M. I think she should do a blog - her life is utterly fascinating. I for one would follow it.

You won't believe this - well, Pearl,, YOU probably will - but I must post & run, this time to the gym for a swim! But I want to say from my heart how much it meant to me to wake up & read your amazing comments on yesterday's post. I can't wait to add mine, and continue this conversation. Please, if you haven't see it already, read what people wrote: it's so how I feel.

22 comments:

the style crusader said...

jill! so sorry i stole your idea for the post! haha, that totally was not my intention. hedvig is beautiful and i LOVE this dress on her! hope the gym went well! xx

Cecylia said...

She is stunning!

Anonymous said...

I think I have to buy that dress too. I haven't because it didn't look nice, but you have convinsed me otherwise :)

www.annamargrete.wordpress.com

Catarina said...

The photograph is beautiful and I love the way she styled the dress, it looks great with the military style coat.
Lovely as always, x

Style At Every Age said...

Another Alexandra Wang bag - OMG!

The Fashion Cloud said...

god i regret not getting that dress amongst others :/
Great picture and lovely combination

xx

Shini said...

I feel so embarassed I didn't recognise her :( but then again I've never seen a proper pic of her hehe (You should've let me know! kidding)

Great photo Jill, the strip of colour in the bokeh background really adds colour balance to the whole pic! Absolutely love her jacket, couldn't believe it was MNG!

This cupcake meet needs to expand into some UK blogger tradition soon ;)

Style Odyssey said...

OMG, this is the best way to wear florals in chilly weather! I like how she's nonchalantly paired the dress w/ an olive military jacket- it's so wrong, but it's soooo right. My goodness, how far we've come from the matchy-matchy aesthetic! Brilliant.

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

Love it. I was just talking about wearing our spring and summer dresses in winter by layering - this is such a perfect example! Love it!!

daisychain said...

What a stunning photo

leia said...

wow, I love her dress! and her hair!

ellinelle said...

..she looks stunning ..I absolutely love the hair - so pretty , and the boots ..I love the feminine siluet she have ..

Almina said...

I am in love with this dress! Purples with mustard flecks is always my thing. She looks absolutely stunning in this photo too x

Rebecca said...

Why can I never find stuff like this in H&M?? :(
R xo

http://itscohen.blogspot.com

Style Slicker said...

She's a stunning looking model...just perfect.

Goodness I love her bag!!!

This summer I think we should have a fashionable picnic convention with bloggers ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm not a fan of the dress (although it does look great on her!) but I LOVE the shoes... Where are they from, does anyone know?

Lou

daniela kate morosini said...

wow, so jealous, as i moaned about in my blog, my local H&M barely had any of the garden stuff in, and definitely not this dress! she looks so lovely, i might have to make a special trip to oxford circus to a big H&M and have a proper root around.
really lovely splash of colour with all the grey!

sofiasophie said...

nice dress and I loooove her AWang baag...definitively!

Camilla said...

i adore her dress- beautiful blog x
camilla

INTOTHEFOLDFASHIONS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Leah said...

I love her dress... such fabulous colors.

Have a great week ahead Jill!

U-NI-TY said...

Lovely outfit!

The Fashion Cloud said...

I wanted to let you know that I have featured this pictures od Hedvig in my latest post: http://www.thefashioncloud.com/categories/trend/how-did-you-wear-your-flowers/

Hope you like it

xx