22.3.10

magic McQueen leggings, in shades of blue



These are the real thing: Alexander McQueen digital print leggings. I don't know the right words, but this is it. Amazing, isn't it?



This girl appeared at the strangest moment: I was shooting my friend in a similar pattern McQueen dress (more about her in a post coming soon). I predict that leggings will be the place - more than dresses, say, or skirts - where women will most often wear their prints this season. It's less of a commitment, financially, for starters, but also.. bold prints do make people look larger, and there's a tendency to feel really on show in a bold print dress.



To be totally honest, I'm not sure I'd wear a grey jumper with this. But I'm not sure what would have been better. Black tee with black jacket is a lot of black, blue is too match-matchy, white too predictable.. I don't know. Maybe it's just my own particular love/hate grey frenemy thing.

You tell me: how would you wear these leggings? And while we're at it, what about those boots?

9 comments:

Heather said...

I'd wear those leggins:) Probably with a loose,bright Yellow tunic and some great shoes that don't at all match.

ediot said...

i adore the leggings! but i would wear it with an loong oversized sweater instead. xx ediot

Rebecca said...

I was going to say yellow! Maybe a green....
R xo

Winnie said...

Ahhh I love.

jill said...

Isn't that funny! Each of you: uncanny, actually. I hadn't looked at this - we were watching a great show - but the whole time I was watching, I was thinking.. hmm.. lime green jumper.. something really inappropriate.

Zoe Schlacter said...

so jealous of your leggings! tooooo cute! I love patterned leggings, and these are some of my favorites I've ever seen!

girlwiththeflower.blogspot.com

the style crusader said...

wowza! it looks like you are looking into a diamond with all the reflections! those are insanely cool... but i can't imagine a cheap way to nod to the print trend.

i think that i would wear them with a sheer-ish white loose t-shirt, black biker-style jacket (that hits sort of at the waist)... shoes.... that is tricky. my green brogues certainly wouldn't go. how about in the summer with silvery gladiators?? what do you think of my take?

those boots are pretty wild, that wedge looks pretty high. i think she is rocking them. very cool girl. i like it.

xx

Nini's Style said...

Great photos Jill!! Love her legging and boots.
xoxo
Nini

Unknown said...

Wow... I am in love with those leggings!
x