25.3.10

who's that girl: mystery model DJ, on the run



It was that breathy, exhilarating first day back of school mania that was Day One of London Fashion Week in February, and we were all running - many in crazy heels - thru the streets of the West End, to get from one catwalk show to another on time.

As I ran, I was shooting this couple ahead of me. It was like being in a war torn country, & I was a BBC camerawoman. Their friend - running alongside me - said 'you can ask, you know: they'll pose' but I didn't have time to stop, and assumed they didn't, either.



When we finally got to the venue, we did this quick shoot. I didn't have time to write down her name as we all had to go inside. And I am kicking myself I didn't ask where she got her coat & shoes. I mean, the back of that coat, with the painting on it.. who made it?? All I know is what she told me, that she's a DJ, and a model.

There is someone who anonymously comments here from time to time - my fashion Deep Throat. Anonymous: who is this girl please??



I love all her elements but especially, I love a white, or pale nude/pink/pale blue coat or dress, with black tights and nude/beige heeled peep toe shoes. And a topknot. Notice how she was wearing her Burberry classic check scarf at first, but took it off for the 'shoot'. I love how that has become such an ironic, iconic look. I'm guessing the headphones are meant as decoration, i.e., jewelry, as opposed to function. But who knows?



Perhaps we never will know for sure. All I know is, for me, these elements - and something about Mystery Girl's own particular personality, her STYLE - adds up, for me, to something close to perfection.

10 comments:

Alina said...

she looks amazing!i like everything about her except these headphones

jill said...

i know, me too.

actually... i wonder... come to think of it, it WAS a cold day. maybe she intended them as ear muffs???

daniela kate morosini said...

that coat is incredible! can't help but think that the guy in first pic is an accessory too :)

the style crusader said...

i love this! you've got so many little gems still hidden from fashion week! i so badly wish i could scroll through all your photos! she's seriously incredible. love that arm full of bangles... that has inspired me. i am going to pile on all my bracelets tomorrow. i've got some photos of the guy she's with. i'll have to pop them up. great shots jill. xx

the nyanzi report said...

I love everything about this post.

The headphones are a great functional accessory and the guy too.

Kaz Longe said...

Even though she seems to have piled on all of her wardrobe,-the coat, shoes and shades, the whole thing just works!How did she do it? ..PS:BTW those headphones is like the icing on the cake, i love!!

Anonymous said...

what a great coat! the whole look is divine!
md

Anonymous said...

what a great coat! the whole look is divine.
md

The Photodiarist said...

Love her headphones!

gretchen said...

i love the back of that coat...wonder if it was a DYI and handpainted? the headphones? well, if she needed them OK, but as an accessory for me they look way too heavy to cart around.