30.5.10

delightful daniella, who smiles with her eyes



It's hard to believe I've only met Daniella (The F Blog) twice. And both times, we went right into mad crazy fun photo shoots, no time for chit chat. We had one quick conversation, maybe a few sentences, and yet, somehow - this may be presumptuous of me - but I feel we're friends. I bet everyone feels that way about her: there is just something so joyous and sunny.. it's because she's part Italian, I'm sure.

The first day I met her: just before the Sketchbook talk we did, my conversation with Jen went like 'Danielle's meeting us for coffee before' and I assumed she meant DANIELA, of Couture & Crumpets, because I had just met and photographed her ('daniela and the fountain of youth'). Just one of life's many weird wonderful coincidences.



Most people probably already know Daniella's style thru her blog, but as I've come in late in the story, I'm just going by the two random looks she had when I saw her. Her style is so her own, which is all so sprite like (I'm sure that's the secret to her great legs, girls: she just seems to dance thru life).

I like the way it's all slightly tom boy-ish and somehow it all ads up to a look that's very feminine. It's her amazing eyes, goldilocks, and that amazing smile. She smiles with her eyes.

(p.s.: Sorry I didn't ask where she got anything she's wearing - I'll find out & get back to you - but I do know that for a similar hat - fair trade, made in Panama by a community of women - best to go online to Pachacuti. I'm friends with the founder, Carry Sommers - met her thru street shooting her in Spitalfields market. She's amazing. More about her another time tho! ; )

10 comments:

Leia said...

oh she is so very very pretty!

Style Slicker said...

Daniela is beautiful, photogenic and down to earth gal.......she's one hot chick!!!



Peace Out!

the style crusader said...

dude, no doubt about. daniella is inspiring everyone lately. loooove her laid back and totally cool style. xx

LittleRachael said...

I just bought a hat just like that! :)

Little Rachael Vintage
Http://littlerachaelvintage.blogspot.com

styleeast said...

She's great...beautiful and lovely too. Great shots (of course!) x

Style At Every Age said...

Both she and her laid back, relaxed style is very easy on the eye. On first looking I thought she looked like an all American girl, was surprised about Italian.

Adorngirl said...

I only came through her blog late in the game too, I think i visited a link on Jens page, and I am glad I did, coz this is one cool chick. x

Platform P said...

<3

Daniella said...

AHH jill you are too sweeet!!! I feel the same, we are friends even though we have only met twice, and both times didn't get to chat too much!! must get together again soon! I'm soo sorry I haven't written back to your email yet, I was crazy busy yesterday! Will do today though! Hope you are having a nice bank holiday mondayyy! xxx

Anonymous said...

Her style is fantastic and what a glowing smile!