17.5.10

slight tilt



We were in the V&A cafe, let's see, a week ago Saturday. Bitter cold, wintry May day. Freaky, actually. The cafe itself was so packed that they literally had people on the door, only admitting a few at a time. The rest were queuing. Then it was a queue for coffee. It was soo loud. We were with friends & couldn't hear ourselves speak, so we went out into the blustery streets, in search of a cafe. Finally settled on a sweet little place when I noticed Eleanor, about to leave, with her boyfriend.

I know the shot is at a slight tilt but I'm posting it as it is, uncropped. There's something about the angle that makes me feel like I'm on a ship, which is how that day felt.



After I took the shot I told her I didn't have a pen but told her the name of my blog. She smiled and said 'we met already.' 'Oh yes, on Gloucester Road? You're a student at the Imperial College, studying Math?' Slight hesitation. 'Uh, no..' but she was sure we met. I'm not sure, but I might have inadvertently spotted and dotted her. Free jar of homemade hand blended blueish lilac nail varnish to anyone who can figure out what post it was.

Oh! Speaking of the V&A. The stylish & delightful Jazzabelle just asked me if I'm going on Friday to a catwalk event. Anyone know anything about it? I'm thinking of going.

14 comments:

Style Odyssey said...

it sure looks like a cold day. her hair is very pretty!
the catwalk event sounds intriguing...

jazmine rocks @ jazzabelle's diary said...

thank-you for mentioning me again, jill! you are just too kind. i replyed back to your comment on your previous post with details about the event!

love, jazzabelle. xxx

Matthew Spade said...

i love the v&a and that whole area, think we have spoke about this before. hope to be back in london in the summer

Anonymous said...

The dress is so pretty, love the fact you can see the underlay through the sheer material!
L x
fashionlooksnorth.blogspot.com

Alma said...

She has a beautiful baby face! I adore the mix between lace dress and wool jaket. I don't see this that often...But probably her feet are super cold...brrr

Olivia Isabella. said...

Love her cream shows with the bows and a slight heel, perfectly matched to the slight tilt!
UO x
http://unionolivia.blogspot.com/

the style crusader said...

jill i love this post. after you mentioned that the 1st shot made you feel like you were on a boat i could totally imagine her there... on the side of a boat, tilted, with the wind sweeping across her. really beautiful. i love her outfit. that dress is perfection. i really really just wish i had endless amounts of money to spend on little dresses.... one day. xx

Rebecca said...

Her dress is beautiful!
And I wish I could go down to the V&A on Friday, damn exams :/ You should go though, and report back to all of us :)

http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

such cutie pie! very lovely and stylish! :)

The Photodiarist said...

Pretty pics!

Miller said...

Added you to my blogroll ages back and have now forgotten my password, love your blog loads so I must add it again haha!

jill said...

That's so sweet, Miller, thank you! Was just having one of those moment when I wonder why I'm doing this: you're the reason! (tip with passwords btw: my husband just always uses the same one. Since I've started doing it, it really helps. I just wish I always did the same one!)

Adorngirl said...

Great polka dot spot. Did you always have a affinity to the polka dot, and seeked it specifcally for your street style shots?

Thanks for the heads up on the fashion show. i just grabbed a ticket for the one o'clock show.

I've started up a photoblog purely self indulgent of details that I like, pass by, and let me know what you think. x

http://adornadore.wordpress.com/

Love Food said...

Such a pretty dress!

Lydia xxx

http://allthingsnicestyle.blogspot.com/