13.5.10

the new conservatives



Mr. Dot spotted him first.



We were strolling together around the Serpentine, in Hyde Park, when he saw this guy walking very fast, very Talking Heads, and we looked at each other and I took chase. He was really going at a fast clip. I was knocking over babies, elderly people, dogs were snapping at my feet, but I finally caught up with him, winded, at the boathouse.



Tobias is a student from Germany, getting a post graduate degree in International Finance. He's not remotely in fashion and seemed a bit embarrassed that I thought he might be a model. But he was such a patient subject. And such a nice guy.

For starters, I was having trouble with the light, and moved him around to the side of the boat house. Then I wasn't happy with the focus.. we did a ton of shots, and it was hard to choose a few. Have no idea who made what: we've been in touch but I'm awaiting sourcing. I get the sense he doesn't care about things, he's just got a nice, casual, classic with a (sneaker) twist air about him.



Somehow, conservative is feeling refreshing right now. New. And he reminds me of a young David Byrne, from Talking Heads. If youtube didn't crash each time I went into it, I'd dig out Tearing Down the House. Instead, Kittens, I'll just as you to go find it yourself. It's a classic, and you can twist to it.

13 comments:

StyleSpy said...

Tobias is yummy.

Ruthie McCall said...

Great pics. Great find!

Alma said...

I think that he looks great beacause for him feels natural to dress like that. And it shows!:)

Anonymous said...

looking good looking good! strolling in the park you can definitely meet some cool dressed people! hehe

the style crusader said...

love the first photo. i totally thought he was wearing a proper suit in that shot and was very surprised to see his sneakers! i love the colour of that leather belt. he looks great! well worth the chase! xx

The Photodiarist said...

First photo is great. I agree with Jen. Really good looking guy too.

Love Food said...

Such a great style. I love how he's wearing the trainers with the suit. He's a rather handsome chap too.

Lydia xxx

http://allthingsnicestyle.blogspot.com/

jungleworldcitizen said...

Stylish and handsome :D

Adorngirl said...

very laid back, and casual, the best dressed tend to be the ones who don't try very hard.

C. Anne said...

Haha I love it, you should make a video someday 'chasing subjects'. I like the shot of him you snapped from behind too, very 'fashion week'!

Iris / London Fashion Diary said...

He is very handsome and has such a cool style!
xxx Iris

Anonymous said...

BURNING down the house. No wonder YouTube crashed. ;-) Just kidding.

He does indeed remind me a younger David Byrne. What was his first movie? Great stuff, similar look.

Style Odyssey said...

He has an ethereal look, mixed with charm and class.