1.2.10

emma (the eyes have it), revisited



Emma*, in front of the Museum of Natural History.



I was on my way from A to B - having just stopped into the V&A to get warm, soak up some Renaissance & Medieval sculpture, and buy thank you gifts for the lovely girls @ the vet who fed our cat his tuna addiction while we were away - and I passed Emma, a mere slip of a girl, eating a green apple.



It was one of this funny moments when she couldn't answer cause she was chewing. I love everything about Emma's style: from the chocolate brown faux fur vintage jacket (so similar to my own), and that great huge Louis Vuitton-esque bag from Beyond Retro - the skinny black jeans - it's all so simple & somehow.. modern British. Classic London Casual circa 2010. And her eyes are gorgeous: cat-like and luminescent. I hope she finds this post. She's an absolutely charming girl and it was just one of those moments, cold and crisp as a green apple, that you're just happy to be alive. And I got the sense that Emma was having a similar kind of day.

How was your Monday?

*(Okay: I'm spooked. I meant this title to simply be called 'Emma', but somehow, blogger decided to add that phrase. I must have called it that before. But where? And who else had such amazing eyes?)

15 comments:

Taylor said...

Emma November 19th post

Vanilla said...

I love her outfit, I really like her pendant necklaces :)

love vanilla

http://placesfacesandfashion.blogspot.com/

jill said...

AHA! Taylor, you're absolutely right! Well spotted. Thank you.

Vanilla: great blog & cute name. I love anything vanilla! & I love nude shoes. Adding your blog to my roll now.

thekiwibex said...

beautiful eyes! they remind me a little of jennifer connelly...

(lavieenrouge17.blogspot.com)

the style crusader said...

oh i love her look! jill please help me find a jacket like this! i am so desperate for one!! i also adore her boots and bag. seriously perfect.

i'm glad to hear that your inspired by london again! xx

Style Odyssey said...

she does favor jennifer connelly. her outfit is exactly like something i'd wear in a chilly climate. the coat is so beautiful worn in a casual manner. her whole look is perfectly imperfect, as i like to say!

Unknown said...

She looks super adorable, now I want to channel her stye!
XOXOX
Libby
http://fashionconfectionairy.weebly.com

jill said...

I was absolutely thinking Jennifer Connelly when I met her. She's got that same knowing, watchful gaze: smart but with a sense of humour.

I don't know if I pigeonhole people too often into looking like a celebrity. But I guess other people do it, too.

Jen: (style crusader) - I don't know about Emma, but I got mine - similar, a bit more warm chocolately (from the 50s or early 60s) @ a wonderful vintage shop on Portobello Road, near the top on the left (west) side. I forget the name but they're only open fri/sat when the market is. I found it's easier to find faux fur if you're not looking for leopard: they're jacking up the prices of leopard, it's an endangered species. I'll keep an eye out ; )

The Photodiarist said...

Love Emma's casual style!

Matt30 said...

Jennifer Connelly- Labyrinth era- or if you squint perhaps a younger, cooler, better dressed Demi Moore??!

jill said...

Yeah, Matt, I can see that.. but much nicer ; )

daisychain said...

wow, she is insanely beautiful and has casual chic down to a fine art.

Me said...

LOVE the shoes!!!

AMIT said...

Just love the outfit.

fabulous lingerie

Susan said...

she looks like the young demi moore :))
have a sweet day, xoxo