13.2.10

in the spotlight (consider this)



Thank you for your lovely feedback on my recent posts, there's more I want to show you, but when I woke up this morning I thought: it's all about life. The sun is out (well, not really, but I know it's there, above the layer of clouds) and I'm glad to be alive.

The other day I ventured out in the cold and a minute after leaving home, ran into Isabella, who looked surprisingly not cold in this weather. Just a ray of sunshine. Mom, if you're reading this, I know you're going to disapprove of her cigarette - she was politely about to put it out for the shot - but she's young: she'll quit soon, I promise.

All she said was the tee shirt was her mum's, but I love her description, so I'm quoting her:

'hello, we met earlier today just off gloucester road, i couldnt help but smile, after we met, as i wandered back to my college. i was super flattered, so thank you. i thought i would just let you know the makes of my clothes. so here goes... my shoes -elizabeth and james, im unaware of where my t-shirt is from (i foolishly cut out the tag a while ago, since it was irritating me) but it has 'in the spotlight' written on the front, my green cardigan is in fact from GAP, my hat -grace hats, and finally my bag is from mulberry. i hope that is helpful. was great to meet you. from Isabella'

Can't get the phrase 'in the spotlight' out of my head.. keeps making me sing this fabulous song:

7 comments:

Pearl Westwood said...

Yes, Jill I woke and felt the same. That no matter what happens we need to keep going and smile, just like the lovely Isabella here. I felt if I didnt make myself post something, anything, I might get to the point where I could never bear to post over the tribute post.

adrielleroyale said...

Oh how I do love bright colors :)

Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough. ~Emily Dickinson

You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present. ~Jan Glidewell

No yesterdays are ever wasted for those who give themselves to today. ~Brendan Francis

StyleSpy said...

When my father died, we requested donations instead of flowers, to cancer charities. After I got back to Austin after I spent six weeks helping my mom sort through all the things you sort through when that happens, I got a card from C, one of my best friends, who'd lost her mother to a different kind of cancer. She wrote that she wasn't going to make a donation in my dad's name -- her contribution to his memory was a gift card for me to a grocery store (six weeks of no work, mind you -- it was a welcome gift). Right before her mother died, she told C, "Life is for the living," and C figured the best way to honor my dad was to help me keep going. I will never forget that kindness, or the idea behind it -- it changed the way I think of grieving and mourning.

daniela kate morosini said...

i know what you mean about the cigarette - i uploaded a picture of my friend on my blog saying he was so stylish, and then felt bad cause the cigarette kinda added to the style. but he is young, he'll quit soon too :)
coutureandcrumpets.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

She looks so happy and bright - very refreshing. I really like the Scandinavian pattern on her jumper. It's comforting to know people are still happy in the cold!

S
http://notjustmedical.wordpress.com

the style crusader said...

oh she is adorable and looks like such a modern london girl with her white earphones hanging out of her hoodie pocket, yellow plastic watch, mulberry bag, and ankle boots. i love her little purple hat, the print on that jumper and that shirt! and she looks so cheery! totally adore it. great shot. xx

Carly said...

Aw, she looks so sweet and innocent and then there hangs that cigarette haha. Maybe one day she'll grow out of it, although i always loved Cruella Deville with her creepy hands hanging onto the cigarette and the extension thing, does that make sense? It does to me.

Please check out my blog, i'm a newbie and need friends.

www.dressedupdown.blogspot.com