5.2.10

the fairy godmother shoe game



The other night, when delayed jet lag set in and I found myself wide awake @ 2:00 a.m., I got sucked into the vortex that is Net-a-Porter.com. You know you've been there, girls, and it's a scary place. I found myself underwhelmed, at first, by the shoe choices, but then I found a pair I liked, and another.. I started playing the Fairy Godmother game: your fairy godmother gives you £500 (approx $800 USD) to spend on all the shoes you'd like. Then you change the rules: Okay, £1000. I'm now making it £2000, for as many shoes as I can get for that price.

First off, I love the Burberry (£325, above),



but hate hate hate the Burberry platform sandals (at £525! nearly twice the price). This doesn't make any sense! I wouldn't pay five POUNDS for them, and wouldn't wear them if my fairy godmother put a gun to my head.



The Loubs are £655, Miu Miu is £320, and my favourite, Marc Jacobs, is ONLY £345. At that rate, with my £2000 cap, I could get 5 pairs, and still have a spare shoe.



In the bootie department, Charlotte Olympia's Ziggy is £655, The Louboutin Paola is £750, and the Zanottis will set you back £570. Of course you'll need a converter to figure it out in your currency.

I've got tons & tons more to show you gals, but I've got to make an improvised coconut 'key lime' cheesecake for tonight's dinner @ our friends, scoot across town to meet a blog friend I haven't met in reality yet, get a haircut, and I still haven't done a proper street style post!

Which of these would you choose? Or are you holding out for the next installment? If you've got a favourite on their site, please send me the jpg (& the price). I might swap it for the Marc Jacobs pair. More to come: I may have been underwhelmed at first, but now, the more I look, I am overwhelmed by choice. Thank you to Net a Porter, for the photos.

7 comments:

daisychain said...

You've got me drooling.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the coconut key lime cheesecake! Sounds delicious.

I like the Louboutin Paolas the most.

S
http://notjustmedical.wordpress.com

Taylor said...

I like the first ones and the lace ones but I know I couldn't get away with wearing such styles even if I could afford them.
I always find myself looking at ChloƩ and wishing...

Ms. Scotch said...

I am currently in love with the Decoltissimo 85 by Louboutin... Classic, and patent! I love patent...

I am also rather liking the Bess Rollover Vintage Leather Boots- and the fact that they are made using army surplus boots is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Excellent post! I'm on net-a-porter.com right now, and I'm drooling over a fierce pair of Alexander McQueen geometric leather pumps (http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/60243). Can't quite say if I'd have the guts to actually wear them in real life, but my alternate persona would totally rock them. :-)

Eyeliah said...

excuse me while I wipe this drool from my chin...

Cecylia said...

I am now sucked into the Outnet!!!