4.2.10

too much style



Every once in a while all the planets seem to converge and I find myself surrounded by too much style. It's a bit like sampling chocolate: you just get dizzy & can't think straight. That's what was happening to me on Sunday when, jet lagged, Mr. Dot & I stopped into the V&A to relax & see some Renaissance sculpture, stop by the tea room & eat cakes. That's when we met Renaissance Man, Erina with her Bob, and several others I haven't even shown you yet.

As a result, I didn't bother to stop this girl, just took a quick shot. It's only now, on closer inspection, I'm noticing she's got this suede helmet with primary coloured insets, a matching quilted bag, a fur gilet which she might have customized herself with that belt (if so: brilliant! That's the thing I tend to hate about gilets: how they can make one so boxy in the mid section). And THEN, she put it over a matching taupe chunky jumper, then added a black pencil skirt, tights, boots.. this girl is interesting. If anyone knows who she is, please ask her if it's okay to post this. Frankly, I'd just like to see what else she's got up her sleeve, style wise.



Just having myself a little fun here.. I liked this girl's simple style and her sleep pony tail. Shot @ the same place, the entrance hall to the V&A: but embellished with photography from my night fishing with my man series (from my other blog, eternal summer). Okay, night night, chickadees!

9 comments:

the style crusader said...

that first girl looks so cool! there are so many amazing elements going on in her outfit! love all the colors. the contrast between her and the second girls simpler look is so great. lovely as always. xx

The Photodiarist said...

You guys sure spend a ton of time at the V&A . . .

Cute shot, though.

MissT said...

That hat is just brilliant!
Hun ive just featured you on one of my posts as one of my fav bloggers.

check it out

www.misstfashion.blogspot.com

MissT

Cecylia said...

The 1st girl is wearing a strange hat...

Anonymous said...

Wow, the first girl has a lot of things going on! It's interesting.

S
http://notjustmedical.wordpress.com

Oxford shirts women's said...

I love the first look!!That coat is gorgeous!!

Me said...

isn't the jumper attached to the gillet... so it would make it a coat!
but yeah, a great outfit!!

Anonymous said...

I love the first girl's style. The second one is a bit too normal. On the first pict', I really like the hat, and the mix big wooly cardigan and the fur coat. That's great. I have the fur coat but not the big cardigan, so I'm gonna steal my boyfriend's U-NI-TY one. I mean if he wants^^

I love your blog!

xoxo

jill said...

Sarra: I think you're right!

Anonymous: thank you! and good luck stealing his U-NI-TY cardigan, just hope he doesn't find out it's you.