unique pixie head pics (no one puts baby in the corner)

The Topshop Unique catwalk show in London was held in the basement of this fabulous white-painted space - a flower hall in Covent Garden. Fabulous space and wonderful crowd. The 'catwalk' snaked thru the crowd - which was vast - and was marked by these kind of wood chips. The models were styled as jungle animals (I can't stop singing 'If I were King of the Jungle' as I post this) and it was all just perfect, except this one head kept getting in the way of me getting good shots. After a while I just figured, screw it: I'll leave the good shots to the professionals, you'll forgive me if I don't post clear shots, and I just relaxed & enjoyed the show.

It wasn't til later - til the show ended and the REAL circus began - the media frenzy - that I realised that it was little Pixie Geldorf's head, blocking my view.

And tho I didn't notice it at the time, Olivia Palermo was just in front of me, on the left.. and I spotted some familiar faces across the catwalk aisle.. Kate Lamphor, who I'd just met & shot, at Somerset House..

and of course, the Sart, aka Scott, who I shot last summer: no one puts baby in the corner.



really unique!

SaraKateSwan said...

What a fantastic blog!! Is that the sartorialist i see there? ;)

Really adorable!! Check out mine xx


J'aime said...

The headpieces are drastically awesome! Famous Fashion Faces, woo!


polka dot said...

Yup (to SaraKateSwan). If you want to see the photo shoot I did with him@ fashion week last September:

I was being quite bossy, actually, but at least I got him to drop his mask & smile a bit ; )

KiraFashion, thank you & J'aime, good to hear from you, how are you doing babe? x

Good Girls Studio said...

ummm...what's up with the super scary headpieces & eyebrows {ewww}, totally takes away from the fashion for me!

stuff sonia love said...

love this

Style Odyssey said...

good stuff, J. really good. pixie's hair...yeah, i'd have guessed that was her- she has some hair! kind of cute on her, though.

i'm eager to see your kate lanphear pics! i just adore her.

Rule of Fashion said...


checkout my shopping blog