2.7.11

the girl with two different socks



The same day that I shot the girl in white ('the girl with the converse sneakers' series - which has sequels coming up, by the way) I also saw this girl, in the red zebra print top. I was shooting from the water and I guess she was watching me because when she saw me, she smiled, and I asked if I could shoot her. She said yes, and at first, looked down - which is a nice, modest gesture to do but while we were talking and I was shooting, I realised she was wearing two different socks. She had been wearing boots, and probably didn't expect it would get so hot: it didn't seem a fashion statement, is all I'm saying.











I think when it comes to colour, most of us are either black/white/neutral people with red accents, or hot pink. I don't know at what point I decided I'm not a red person - my go to accent colour is a bright hot pink, or turquoise, or lime green - but I admire the courage of women who can wear red. I've forgotten her name - being in the water and all, I didn't write it down - but I do hope she finds my blog: she was just such a delightful girl, as you can see in her eyes and her smile.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

She looks such a lovely, bubbly person, and I love that she's wearing odd socks!
www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

San said...

She's sooo cute, I imagine she would be a great friend to have.

Wonderful pictures.

Have a wonderful Sunday and a good start into the new week, Jill. By the way you have better weather now, than we have in Leipzig now 12°C/53°F and rain since yesterday till Wednesday, ugh. Well good think I've got my snakeskin-rubberboots. ;-)

mtg said...

Her smile and zest for life are simply contagious. You did such a great job capturing her personality (of course I don't know her, but it feels as if I do). Her facial expressions, her body language, her style, her make-up, hair, and her socks of course - all suggest she is very confident, independent and full of optimism. At least that's my first impression. I wonder if the first impression we make is always accurate? I hope she finds your blog and tells us a little bit about herself. She may prove me completely wrong.
Have a great 4th of July, Jill!
xx
maya

Anonymous said...

love her style

checkout my shoppingblog
http://ruleoffashion.blogspot.com/

Rosalind said...

She really does have a luminous smile - and the odd socks are such a great detail!

Anonymous said...

She doesn't really seem too bothered about wearing odd socks does she, given her gorgeous smile! When I think about it if I wear socks with boots in Winter I sometimes wear odd socks - not intentionally but just because they're the first two that come out of the sock drawer!

adrielleroyale said...

She looks like a delight :)

Anonymous said...

Very beatiful girl!!!

Alexandra said...

love this :D!
xx

Unknown said...

love your look

Anonymous said...

Charming - She is reminiscent of Phoebe Cates (Mrs. Kevin Kline) who as a young woman in the 1980's regularly graced the covers of Seventeen and Glamour magazines.

jill said...

OMG, Anonymouse - Phoebe Cates! I'm old enough to remember her, of course. (Now I must google her). In fact - did I dream this? I could swear I was working freelance somewhere - magazine, ad agency (in NY) with a guy who was Phoebe's boyfriend, before KK.

You're absolutely right. She was lovely - (as was this girl) I'm sure she still is.