8.9.09

the boyfriend's back




And leopard prints are stronger than they were all spring & summer, if that's possible.

This is Polka Dot, reporting to you from South Kensington, and I'm just so into the elements Natalia, who's Egyptian, is working into this casual outfit she was sporting when I met her on Gloucester Road. That's why I'm trying this collage effect, to show you the details:
Scarf: LOUIS VUITTON by STEPHEN SPROUSE. Hat: shop in Portobello. Jeans: H&M ('I've had them for over 8 years and realised they'd be perfect as boyfriend jeans') and bag, of course, CHANEL.

Couldn't you see any of these used this season in countless ways? I mean, replace the white tee and jeans with a black dress, tights, and black booties, keep the belt & watch & hat, and it would be unbelievably gorgeous. Before you ask, I'm already asking her who made her belt, watch, and that white jacket with the interesting - is it called 'rushed?' sleeves, so I'll keep you posted!



Before I go out today, I'm going to rummage through my jeans and find something suitable to roll up. I don't normally follow trends like such a sheep, but it's such a great transitional, cheap, easy transformation, and a way to show off a bit of tanned leg before I go totally under cover. I've been trying to find a decent youtube version of that brilliant oldie, My Boyfriend's Back, but this cover, by I think the Angels, is still worth viewing, if for no other reason than to see their capri pants and hair 'do's. I don't know if any of you will click on it, but I'll be singing it while swimming (indoors) shortly!

This is P. Dot, Girl on the Street, signing off for now. Have a lovely day! xoxo

16 comments:

Laura Taylor said...

Awesome scarf, i love this pattern. Along with the hat, great look! xo

Style Odyssey said...

i love everything she's wearing, and how well each piece works on her as a whole. this look is so my style!! including what's in that store window...very cool indeed.

i bought a pair of old levi's at the salvation army during a previous stateside trip. they're oversized, but just so, super washed-out and soft, and perfect to roll up. you'll love wearing looser jeans this way. they can be surprisingly flattering, oh so comfortable and versatile, too. have fun playing with this trend!

*i think it's "ruching", pronounced "rooshing".*

xoxo

Cafe Fashionista said...

When I'm not wearing boots I practically live in my leopard print ballerina flats. They make me feel as if I'm taking a walk on the wild side! :)

Mom Fashion World said...

jill, that's really an awesome outfit.
everything really looks so perfect.
i'm going to wear my leopard shirt soon too!

Rosalind said...

Really like the ruched sleeves on the top. It just adds that little bit of dressing-up-ness to the otherwise casual outfit. Lovely :)

http://clothescamerasandcoffee.blogspot.com/

dot said...

Ruched! That's the word I was looking for, thank you! Both to Amy AND Roz : )

Yes, that's what I thought: I loved the balance between casual and chic, which doesn't always work, but in Natalia's case I felt it did.

Oh and I pulled out a pair of old jeans and did the boyfriend thing, only to discover that it's suddenly hot & sunny out there! So it's back to summer frocks for this fashion icon, for as many precious days as it lasts.

Thumbelina Fashionista said...

OOH...I LOVE this look, oddly enough. I'm drawn to leopard this season like no other time ever. And she looks magnificent with that hat!

The Photodiarist said...

I am drawn to leopard all year. My leopard ballerina flats have a hole in them because I wear them so damn much. I love it. Have been wearing it since I was a teen. Love the scarf.

Laura Taylor said...

Yeah definately, i'll add you to my daily reads now :)

StyleSpy said...

Hooraaaaay, Natalia! Well-done! And well done Polka Do, for spotting her. (Get it? Spotting?? BWAH-HAH-HAH-HAH!!!! OH, I crack me up!)

Lynn said...

oh jill, the lady on your photo is so chic! i have a couple of animal print items ive been dying to wear too. fall is definitely the season for it. talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

I LIKE VERY MUCH THIS LOOK, SPORT WEAR STYLISH AND SEXY.
tHE HAT, THE SCARVE AND THEN JEANS, ABOVE ALL THE SILVER BASKET.
NATAYLA IS GORGEOUS
RACHIDA TEYMOUR
WRITER

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!!
i love it...
Al

Greek girl....

sofiasophie said...

really cool outfit
I love the oversize scarf, the boyfriend jeans and the conveeeeeerse!
love it really!

Anonymous said...

love it. including the converse. natalia's got talent.

Anonymous said...

Ouais il cartonne ce petit style natayla....on se recroise un de ces dix ans.
julien p