26.9.09

don't try this trick at home



Shot this quickly going thru the revolving doors @ 180 Strand (the main exhibitors building) @ London Fashion Week. I'm not posting this to make fun of anyone, altho, as my mom taught me to say in instances like this 'It's nice, but it's not my taste.'

AND YET: Any of these elements - the lovely ruffly skirt, the leggings, even the shoes - if paired with something masculine, or those leggings with the previous post's black wedge booties... you get my drift?

Which reminds me of the birthday card I sent my sister: a hysterical shot of a tall thin white dog with pairs of pink satin ballet shoes hanging round it's neck. The caption reads: 'What do you think, too matchy-matchy?'

3 comments:

StyleSpy said...

See, this is why I prefer tights to leggings -- if they were tights they'd be snug all the way down instead of crumpling around the ankles and it's a tiny difference but I think it would look much better. And I'm with you -- a sleek black mini & some fierce boots and those tights would be the jaw-dropping icing on the cake.

bi-style said...

Adorable! Lovely Leggins!

sofiasophie said...

well........
I think you are right, each think separately is OK. Every thing mixed up is ... hideous!

as you said, "it's lovely but it is not my taste".....