22.9.09

fur real: polite english girls, with a twist




Laura, before the John Rocha show, in another must-have item this season: a fur gilet (& a bowler, what a lovely combination, worn with red lipstick in a smile!). I love that her gilet is by John Rocha and that she wore it for his show. That seems to me the essence of good manners, to compliment a designer by wearing his or her clothes. And English girls do have the manners thing down to a tea! : )

. . . . . . .

UPDATE: I stand corrected. An Anonymous Source has informed me that Laura is actually Irish. And yet, still, most polite!

Dee of Dream Sequins wrote: 'I do think it's great manners to wear something by the designer to his/her show. In some cases, it's not possible to afford something by the designer (in my case) or it's just hard to plan a day with about 5 shows with one hodge podge outfit in mind... :)' which is a really interesting concept: I wonder if anyone I've seen & shot has actually done that? Pieced together a look using the various designers they were seeing that day. Alternatively, finding cheaper looks that channel the designer's work. Homages. I did notice that on the day of Christopher Kane's show, a few girls were sporting his Topshop crocodile dress. Here's another lovely gilet, as I work my way through the endless sea of shots: (I love both their looks, actually).

9 comments:

The Photodiarist said...

SUPERB! Great shots!

dot said...

Oh, PD, thank you so much for saying that, because I know I have to go back - a few dear friends are there already - but it's feeling a bit like, does anyone out there care if I miss the last day?

So your kind cheerleading is pushing me that one last mile : )

Oh, I just showed my husband your blog & he LOVES your work, too! Will post this on your blog as well.

Aline Dahl said...

hey dear :)

yes, these are the office boots :) I saw the picture of the girl who is wearing them but I was confused by the fact that her boots have only 2 straps :D
I am sure I would love london. I will try to visit london during the next fashion week.

have a great day!
xoxo,
coco

ps: I live near frankfurt.
pps: I saw a documentary report about john rocha this morning on tv (arte chic) and I loved his work. he is very charming.

sofiasophie said...

nice pics... somehow punky isn't she?

Anonymous said...

That Laura girl is actually Irish!

Dream Sequins said...

Well! This girl is so adorable. I do think it's great manners to wear something by the designer to his/her show. In some cases, it's not possible to afford something by the designer (in my case) or it's just hard to plan a day with about 5 shows with one hodge podge outfit in mind... :) As also in my case at NYFW. I'm so jealous of your LFW snaps. I need to go back next season.

dot said...

Good point, D. Will add it to the post.

sofiasophie: I thought so, too: refreshingly, wholesomely punky : )

Anonymous: Thank you! Do you know her?? If so please either send me your email address or ask her to: I'll send her the photos! Will correct my post as well. I just assumed.. well they do say never ASSUME, it makes an ASS of U and ME : ) (actually, that it a stupid staying, it only makes an ass of me!)

Anonymous said...

nice girls in fur cloths...

Anonymous said...

really a nice blogging and with even very nice content and clothes .
Online Dating http://tringuladating.com/ Dating Services website for free.