29.9.09

the thing about peep toe booties



A while ago, when I was ranting that there isn't much, if anything, to rant about this season because I just love every fashion trend so damn much, someone came up with peep toe booties, which I kind of agree. (And then, people expanded the rant - or rather, narrowed it - down to 'red nail varnish peeping thru of peep toe booties').



The thing about peep toe booties is that they are totally impractical. You can't wear them when it's freezing, rainy, snowy, slushy, etc (but then again, in black suede, that's ill advised anyway). They really only look right with miniskirts & bare legs. And they're too hot when it's hot, as it was @ LFW.



If this season is all about statement shoes, than what are you stating when you wear them? Perhaps that's the ultimate status symbol: I (or my rich husband/boyfriend/parents/whatever) have so much money, I can afford to waste it on impractical shoes.

Still, I dunno... I kind of love them. What do you think?

Oh and the answer, I've discovered, to the red nail varnish conundrum became clear when I saw the Mystery Blonde jewelry designer in the previous post: go for hot pink!

I don't know about you, but I'm getting kinda bored with LFW shots. I mean, there are tons more I want to show you - and I haven't even got to the boys yet - but I've got to start posting on the other great looks I've seen outside Somerset House. Besides, everyone's on to Milan, and Paris is coming, and I won't be there, and London is so... last week.

. . . .

UPDATE: MYSTERY SOLVED!! Mystery jewelry designer is Lucy Hutchings, check out her gorgeous website. Of COURSE. My notes disappeared, lost in the great FW shuffle. My lovely new friend Juliet from Adorn London solved the mystery, and this is HER fabulous new website! (Will post on her soon).

5 comments:

I V Y said...

love love love it. the hot pink toe nails are great too!

AlicePleasance said...

I agree they are totally impractical but I can't help loving peeptoe booties...

sofiasophie said...

yeeeees!
I totally agree, they are impratical. but sometimes I really like them, especially if it let appears some beautiful nail-polish (love nail polish!)

The Photodiarist said...

I love open toe booties . . . probably because they are impractical. And I love them more when they are even more over the top. Isn't that what we want in some of our shoes? A bit of fantasy and nonsense? And as for polish, I am a fan of bright color on my toes . . . so I care not for, and completely disobeyeth, any rule that says I have to go for nude in order to wear open toe booties. Pink works too!

StyleSpy said...

I do not care for the flourescent polish (I'm a classic red gal, myself), but I love her jewelry -- loveloveLOVE it.


http://closetaltar.blogspot.com