11.9.09

warning: parking suspension (get your camera out)



Harrington Gardens, South Kensington.

My husband, Mr. Dot, had just gone ahead to pick up some almond oil at Waitrose (It's great for the skin, did you know that? But they don't sell it there, only at Sainsbury's). Ah, the joys of modern communication: he called me to say 'get your camera out' just as this girl was approaching. I just got the one shot and turned, thinking of running after her, but I let her go.

I love the combination of floaty nude coloured frocks with jewelry and bare legs and Doc Martins. IF it's done right. And this time, I feel it is. Don't you agree?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that combination! I've been trying to find the perfect dress for myself so I can do that too. Her outfit's gorgeous... wonder why she's so sad.

Cafe Fashionista said...

I'm in love with this look. It juxtaposes between grunge and ethereal bohemian. She really pulls it off well! :)

dot said...

Grunge & ethereal bohemian: Erika, I couldn't have said it better myself!

And yes, musie, I was wondering, too, why she's so sad. I could make a whole story out of it in my head, but maybe she just had a spec of dust in one of her contacts.

Anonymous said...

i thought the heroin look was over
md

The Photodiarist said...

I love that your husband knows exactly what look would interest you! I do love it.

The Photodiarist said...

I mean that I love the outfit:-)

Anna said...

her eyes are so runway '07 or '08! I love that you and your husband are a duo -- like Nick and Nora from the Maltese Falcon.

Aline Dahl said...

I loooooooove her outfit!

StyleSpy said...

Her expression is even more compelling than her clothes. What's going on in there, I wonder?

pamela said...

Thats my Little sister, who has a unique style! :)