25.9.09

virgo style, my way



Eileen, after Todd Lynn, Day Four, LFW @ Somerset House.

This is my style. Plain, simple, clean. I'm a Virgo and read long ago that we favour navy, black and neutrals, in my case, that happens to be true. Are there any other Virgos out there (I said VIRGOS, girls!) and if so, is this your look, too? I'm curious, do all Virgos lean towards this style?

Eileen reminds me of me, when I was younger. I wouldn't have worn those shoes back then because they didn't exist, but I'd wear them now, in a heartbeat. Or, I'd wear them with my old Barneys oxfords, which I've been wearing for years, long before they were cool. I love my classics, with a twist, like my old friends: my black Ray Bans. Trends may come and go, but I pick from what's on trend, and wear it my way. And on that note, let's sing along with Frank!





It's funny, started posting on it late last night, then woke up this morning and read Nini's great post on her new purchase, a fabulous pair of thigh high leather boots from Barneys, that are so her style, and so not mine. Now there's a girl who knows her own style! (One of the many things I like about her blog, and her).




Another look that I feel is my style (I've got very similar boots), shot at Spitalfields Market the day before LFW started. I really feel I'm neglecting all the lovely people I shot before Friday. Today's a catch up day for me, as I assume for the people @ fashion week who worked so much harder than I did. My job was easy: just run around and meet lovely people and click, click, click. Not a bad life!

Of the posts of LFW I've done so far, which style is more you?

13 comments:

martinakappa said...

I love Eileen's outfit! Just discovered your blog and I like it. I'm adding you in my blog roll!

AlicePleasance said...

I'm a Virgo too and I like navy and total black, but I also have an addiction to red and bold colors...maybe it's because of my ascendant, which is Scorpio... A weird and schizophrenic combination, I know...!

NoƩmie K said...

Really nice the first pic ! great post & blog***°°°***

Ola432342 said...

I'm a virgo and I tend to wear mostly grey, white or black but I'm never completely neutral because I jazz up the basic colours with a bright skirt or a cardie or loud shoes. I guess maybe you could call it 'accenting'. I love how her outfit looks next to the bright flowers behind her.

The Photodiarist said...

Love those shoes/booties in the first pic. Not a Virgo, though. So, I don't know . . .

StyleSpy said...

I think the hot pink & green onesie on the guy from "before Jaeger." No, I kid, I kid!!!! Of your LFW shots, I think I'd be most likely to be in the hot pink skirt with black leather jacket from 9/18. I'm a Leo, and I like colorcolorcolor. AAMOF, I coincidentally did my version of this outfit yesterday: http://closetaltar.blogspot.com/

Dream Sequins said...

I'm a chameleon. Sometimes I feel posh and sometimes I feel like changing it up and going grungy. Lately, I've been about slouchy comfy. So not exactly fodder for the style police ;) You're a Virgo, huh? Interesting.. I'm a Scorpio. I guess we could get along? :)))

Thanks for your lovely comments. I think I LOL while reading through them. Preen is actually a London design duo that shows in NY now, BTW. They are known for a signature bodycon silhouette and those power shoulders-- before they got all mainstream-y.

Have a wonderful weekend. I'm enjoying your pictures SO much.

BobbinTalk said...

Love the roses in the background! You'd think a stylist actually positioned each and every one of them!
xoxo
Aneta

Anonymous said...

Virgo here - I wear pretty much black, white, grey and various beige shades, so very muted indeed. Glad to hear astrology explains it.

Style Odyssey said...

whew! i'm trying to play catch-up too...work, blogs, in between dealing with the heat and mosquitoes!

anyway, great looks, both girls here. my kind of style, too. i'm a pisces, not a virgo, but i enjoy combining black with navy- so unexpected. using both together creates dimension in a very basic outfit. and you know how i LOVE gray.

check out the first girl's amazing blue eyes- wow, they really stand out! her ankle boots are great.

second girl: i SO love a black turtleneck- a true modern classic, always chic!

dot said...

Wow, this is fascinating. I wonder if.. there must be other horoscope styles, right? I mean, I know about Leos wanting to wear bright colours to stand out.. is there like a Tauris style? If so, what is it?

I should add, I do wear bright colours, too. And pastels. I love some hot pink with black and beige, and turquoise. And, light blue. Oh, and white. So much for that!

I wonder what the most bling sign of the Zodiac is. Is it Scorpio? Leo?

Anonymous said...

omg, that is freaking strange! i own nothing that isnt navy, neutrals or grey/white/black apart from this very thing bright yellow belt that came on a grey skirt i bought. for some reason i just cant seem to pull off bright and bold colours (or at least think i cant). very very weird. :)

Anonymous said...

wow, usually the ordinary virgo irritates me but you really know how to express the style